the Rift

[OPEN] for I never saw true beauty 'till this night [Festival Storytelling]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

When Alysanne heard that there was going to be a festival in the Basin, she started looking forward to the chance to travel up there again. To see Lena and Rexanna again! It would be good to see both of them under better circumstances - when Alysanne wasn’t festering with fever and being saved by Lena from her foolishness or when Rexanna had not just gone through a difficult birth that Alysanne had luckily stumbled across. She wanted to check up on the twins, anyway - she heard from Tembovu that they were doing alright but, well, she wanted to see for herself.

And who could resist a festival?

She travelled northward with a small group from the Edge, picking their way across the terrain. Fortunately, the weather stayed relatively calm for them and they arrived in the Basin soon after sunset - a blanket of stars shining above them and making the mountain herdland look beautiful. It had been dressed up and the herd welcomed them. Though there were a few things the painted mare wanted to check out, she was drawn first by the voice of one of her dearest friends - Lena was hosting a storytelling!

“Hello Adria!” Alysanne whickered a warm greeting to the blue-touched mare, glad that their second meeting was under better circumstances. It was easier to smile, to show that she wasn’t always such a broken mare. She didn’t want to be remembered for any of that. And, of course, the reason why she was no longer bleeding and limping and dragging herself across the ground was standing at the front of the crowd, her rich chocolate pelt illuminated with the soft glow of the fires.

As always, Alysanne’s eyes were soft and warm when she looks to Lena - her smile genuine and easy in the company of her friend. She found a spot next to one of the fires as Hemlock swooped to greet Imogen. Lena asked them what they would like to hear and though Alysanne knew any story told by her friend would be delightful to hear, she played along and offered some suggestions. “Perhaps a story of the God of Time? Or of the magical creatures you see around the mountains?”

And if I fall and crash and burn
at least we both know that I tried

image by Danjah
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
RE: for I never saw true beauty 'till this night [Festival Storytelling] - by Alysanne - 09-27-2016, 09:06 PM