the Rift

[OPEN] for I never saw true beauty 'till this night [Festival Storytelling]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

A few familiar faces from the Edge joined Alysanne around Lena, eager to listen to a tale from the Basin’s beautiful healer. Tembovu came to stand by her side and, in the peace of the moment, Alysanne even offered him a small smile. Her attention drifted for a moment before she remembered that she actually had something to talk to him about. After he introduced himself, the painted queen turned her head slightly to address him in a quiet voice. “Before I forget, on the trip up here I intercepted a stealth from a golden unicorn going after something of Arah’s. He had two dark horns and a white marking on his forehead - almost like the leaf of a red oak…” But, uncertain about Tembovu’s knowledge on matters of dendrology, she continued with a brief explanation, “like the ones you see in the Thistle Meadow. I do not know his name, but he is certainly someone we should watch out for.”

It had been the first time that Alysanne had blocked a stealth, one of her new duties that she found strange. Surely Tembovu would know better how to deal with this situation?

Lena began to weave her story and Aly’s green eyes drifted away from Tembovu and toward her friend. She did not know much about the Time God - her experiences in Helovia centered pretty solely with the Moon Goddess - and she was incredibly interested in hearing what Lena had to say. She was surprised to learn that her friend had actually lived in the Edge once, and that they had been pushed out by an invasion. It made her sick to her stomach to think of the Qian pushing out her friend - remembering how Kahlua had welcomed her into the Edge all those years ago, telling her that the Qian were the peaceful group that ruled it.

“I never knew.” She whispered quietly, perhaps just quietly enough for Tembovu to hear as he stood by her side - feeling guilty despite the fact that she hadn’t even been in Helovia then, and she didn’t know if the Qian had a “good reason” for invading. “I am glad the Time God was able to help.” She couldn’t think of what else to say, a sadness settling upon her after this story - her head drooping a little bit as she lost herself in the thoughts of sweet Lena caught up in the horrors of war.

And if I fall and crash and burn
at least we both know that I tried

image by Danjah

talks to @Tembovu
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
RE: for I never saw true beauty 'till this night [Festival Storytelling] - by Alysanne - 10-17-2016, 06:52 PM