the Rift

[PRIVATE] All These Things That I've Done

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Black-rimmed ears twitched at Edgar’s angry calls—though he continued to watch the fallen Queen for long moments, awaiting her response. And he was answered with tears, causing shame to silence the regret and any other emotion that roiled in the Elephant King. A pained, short breath pushed out of his nostrils as his navy eyes traced each tear’s bath down her snowy face. Teeth gritted and lips pursed; ears tilted back and quivered—he did not like to see women cry. And he most assuredly did not like to be the cause of those tears.

He flinched mildly beneath her angry, snapping fury. She denied him an acceptance to his apology—rightfully so, in his mind; though the Elephant King was sincere in his remorse. His pursed lips remained so as he stood beneath the onslaught of Elsa’s rage; waiting silently for her to continue through her brief pause. Her words seemed too hot, too fuming, to be complete with her first tirade.

And he was right, for her frustrated expression yielded to hisses: “Do not pretend, here…” But these words, her next words, kindled some kind of responding anger him, despite her tears. They were hurtful and hateful; untrue for the sake of injuring the King. “You have no regret or remorse for what you have done.” At those words, something snapped in his navy eyes, painful creases in his dark skin subtly shifting to regal impatience.

His ears snapped forward, his body rose to its full height—that Elsa would so easily accuse him of such things, after knowing him… The Icebound sank considerably in his esteem. He had made allowances for her anger, her hurt, at his own hand. But this… these were absolute falsehoods spilling venomously of her cold lips.

So his face became a kingly, irritated mask as he spoke his next words, “Regardless of whatever has happened between us, Icebound, I am King and will protect this herd as I see fit. And, in the future, I will expect the same respect allowed any monarch from you,” his deep voice paused as he looked at her closely, “I will give you the same.”

And, with that, the King began to turn and walk towards the raging inferno to make sure it would not spread throughout the herdlands. He chose not to address her individual accusations, allowing her the understanding of a pained heart and hurt soul. Though, once turned away, his features broke into a sad shadow of his kingly demeanor, the flame’s tongues reflected in his dark eyes.
Fire & Ice

@Elsa So this is uber old and I'm happy to end it here <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
All These Things That I've Done - by Tembovu - 09-26-2016, 12:51 AM
RE: All These Things That I've Done - by Elsa - 10-14-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: All These Things That I've Done - by Tembovu - 10-23-2016, 01:21 AM
RE: All These Things That I've Done - by Elsa - 11-02-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: All These Things That I've Done - by Tembovu - 11-27-2016, 11:36 PM