the Rift

Like causes without rebels [Insanity, open]

Insanity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

INSANITY

Tell me would you kill to save a life?

She was quiet for a time, simply pondering everything not only in front of her but everything already behind her as well. Ricochet was a kind companion, one that she had not expected due to his previous behavior in the Threshold. He had intrigued her then and continued to do so now, as he possessed and ever-shifting personality. She supposed that when he was faced with a challenge to bring her home, he had thrown all of his cards on the table and now he was simply basking the glory of his small victory. However, her thinking was interrupted as his masculine tones bit the silence that had proceeded between them. It was a question of war and the word was bitter upon her tongue. Of course there had been war in Avalon. A constant conflict between the Lights and the Darks, Kings and Queens, Males and Females; it was all prevalent in Avalon simply because it could be.

There was most certainly war in Avalon, however simple-minded it was. There were Kings and Queens, fools and the occasional murderer. However, there were no Gods there… just the righteous guidance of the hierarchy.” She smiled a bit as she remembered the fact… No Gods. Here in Helovia, the Gods were vitally important to life and magic and rank. It was so strange to imagine a world strictly based on an ultimate power from the heavens, but she knew that she would eventually grow accustomed to the idea.

The cold wind had started to press in against them again and this time she allowed herself to accept Ricochet’s earlier gestures and slowed to walk close to his flanks. She nudged him slightly to make him aware of her intentions and urged him to continue to the Foothills. As he did, she listened to him speak of the wild lands of Isilme; it was as if he had come from a fairytale that had been tainted with darkness and she pitied him for the fact. “How can such a place bear the title of home? I believe that any war, any conflict, or any spite raised in the name of the Gods cannot be thought true. We are the only ones who can control what happens to one another. If war is desired, than we should make it happen. If it is not, then we have power to resist it…” She was calm and nearly passive but her heart beat with meaning; war was not the answer to any problem by any means.

However, she did chuckle at the humor in the idea because she knew just how it felt to be controlled by thoughts and opinions that she did not share. “War is never needed, as I feel it can always be avoided, but I am not opposed to fighting for a great cause should it ever arise. But I guess you could call me a selfish creature because I’ve been approached with many invitations to battle and chose to ignore such due to insufficient cause.” She looked at him now, both beasts clearly opposites and yet the same. Both shared an avid passion for life, for existing in the mere purpose of accomplishing themselves, but both going about their values in two separate ways.

I believe that I fear death alone, for I am afraid to die and have not lived…” She cast a weary gaze towards the grey skies wondering if the answers to all her questions would somehow lie in the snow filled clouds. She wondered what exactly she wanted out of life and how she planned to achieve such, but she was unsure, her ideas always changing and always shifting. “What do you plan to do with your life as of yet Ricochet?

[Image: insanityu.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Like causes without rebels [Insanity, open] - by Insanity - 10-26-2012, 01:43 PM
RE: Like causes without rebels [Insanity, open] - by Insanity - 10-30-2012, 09:02 PM