the Rift

[PRIVATE] the tide pulls from the moon

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Mesec hoped Tiamat was right - hoped that the twins didn’t resent him for taking them in and not just moving to the Basin with them. That hadn’t felt like an option for him, not when his mother was encouraging him to move to the Edge - she was hardly someone that was easy to deny. Vesper rarely seemed to be bothered by the change in scenery but he couldn’t say for certain about Virga.

But the playful smile and teasing laugh that Tiamat treated him to next drew out a bright smile of his own and he laughed lightly at the threat of her coming to the Edge and tracking him down. “They both look forward to seeing their mother again, I hope we will get the chance to see her soon.” Suddenly, it occurred to Mesec that Tiamat might know the twins’ mother. She had seen the twins in the Basin, but had they seen them with her? “Her name is Ki’irha, have you seen her around the Basin lately? She’s got a blue pelt that’s speckled with stars.” Mesec doubted very much that the star mare might have returned to Helovia and neglected to come visit their children in the Edge - but there did not seem to be any harm in asking. And if Tiamat had any news, or no news at all, it would still be an update that he could pass on to his children to soothe their worries. “But you would be very welcome to come visit in the Edge, in any case. Have you ever been before?”

The questions about his stay in the Basin were only natural, but he appreciated the bashful addition asking him if he minded. “No, I don’t mind.” Mesec answered quietly, expecting it to taste like a lie but he found that he really didn’t mind - perhaps it was the unobtrusive way that she was asking, her kind smile putting him at ease. More than that though, his history in the Basin was uncomfortable but it was padded by the rest of his life now. By reconciliations, however brief, with his father and sister, and the discovery of a set of brothers. Unfortunately, his small history in the Basin contrasted with the picture that Tiamat painted - the tender touch to her voice as she spoke of her home.

For a brief moment - he wondered whether he would ever feel that way about a herd, about a physical place in Helovia that he could truly consider home - but it was Lucius that send a warm image of the twins to Mesec. Wherever they might be, that was his home.

After a small pause, he continued - his gaze still on Tiamat but hazy and unfocused with memory. “I was there for barely a year, I think. After I was born, my mother brought me there and I was raised by my father and his family. D’Artagnan… he used to be a Time Mender there as well actually.” Here Mesec paused, watching Tiamat’s face for any flicker of recognition concerning his father. It wasn’t often that he gave out such information freely, but it wasn’t often that it was asked about. Those who had known him for his entire life already knew all about the Nightshade and his demigod son, and with those who hadn’t it just never really came up. More often than not, everyone was more interested in who his mother was than asking after his father. “They… the Basin wasn’t tolerant towards those with wings, I’m not sure if they have the same prejudices now, but I ran away because of how I was treated because of them.” Mesec frowned for a moment, shuffling the appendages in question uncomfortably and recalling his fight with Aviya, but caught himself and turned it into a soft smile for Tiamat as he refocused on the present. “I found a new, kinder home, in the Windtossed Foothills so I suppose it worked out alright in the end.” Until the darkness and the wraiths destroyed that home, that was, but for a time he was happy there with Roskuld, Ophelia, Apollo, and the others.

“I’m glad that the Basin has been good to you, though.” He added, truthfully and without any sort of bitterness, his smile warming further. He wasn’t sure what the Basin was like any more but he found it hard to see someone as kind as Tiamat living blissfully within a viciously racist society.  

Mesec the Nightwind

@Tiamat
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
the tide pulls from the moon - by Mesec - 09-26-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Tiamat - 11-07-2016, 01:31 AM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Mesec - 11-07-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Tiamat - 11-08-2016, 01:53 AM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Mesec - 11-14-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Tiamat - 11-17-2016, 02:08 AM
RE: the tide pulls from the moon - by Mesec - 11-20-2016, 06:57 PM