the Rift

Dark and dusty, painted on the sky [meeting + herd quest]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

If you attend no other meetings, ATTEND THIS ONE. We'll be doing promotions, and starting our herd quest. Tagging @Zekle and @Ultima

Feel free to say you heard Iso, saw Hubris, or saw some of Iso's magic directing you to the meeting.

Was it still praying, when you personally knew who it was you were praying to? The question was ill-formed in Isopia's mind, and she didn't quite know how to answer it. On the one hand, her silent thoughts were directed towards her Father in a very prayer-like manner (that was, silently and mentally), but because of their relationship, it was hard for the earthen girl to truly give her Father the divine-deity status that many others did. He was her Father before he was the God of the Earth, and praying to a parent seemed strange.

But she did it anyways.

She had taken his words to heart, knowing that the success of the Falls was secured if only she could follow his instructions. He had said they needed to grow the lands, and grow each other. For too long the Falls had been stagnant, wallowing away in the still-waters of complacency. But no longer. And so Isopia had sent these prayers to her Father, that he might show her who it was who would aid them in these tasks.

Show me the healers who can tend to our lands and our herd. Show me the one who will fill my now vacant role as Storyteller. Bring me another Mason...

She wasn't sure if this was how it worked, but she did know that that magic that came with these ranks stemmed directly from her Father. Surely he must have some say in it? And so she delved into her own mind, listening for whatever inklings of assistance her Father might have.

And there was Archibald. He had a few ideas too.

After having returned from the Woods with Zero at her side (he was no longer truly a trespasser, given her new rank), she decided it was time. But ... how was this supposed to work? With a daunted stare, the demi-goddess directed herself and her friend to where the Earth God had appeared last time. Though she didn't have the power to send a rippling message through the trees.

How could she make them come to her?

With a golden glance towards Hubris, the bronzey dragon fled into the trees, gathering all those that he could find. Isopia also used her water and earth magic to create dragons composed of each, who flew high above the trees to act as a signal.

Looking at Zero with a deep and uncomfortable glance, Isopia did what she hated most.

She tried to call everyone to her.

"HIDDEN FALLS. THIS IS A HERD MEETING. YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUIRED." She wanted to say more - about how she had things to say to them, but as shouting wasn't her strong suit, she decided to leave it at that. She wasn't sure how far her voice would carry anyways.

[insert ya'll arriving]

Recalling her displeasure at being summoned to herd meetings, the demi-goddess decided simply to get straight to the point. "As many of you know, the Earth God has charged us all with aiding in the growth of the Hidden Falls. We must cease being complacent, treating these woods and valleys as a place to exist. If we wish for our home to grow, then we must grow ourselves. Over the past few days, I have prayed to my Father for answers and guidance. And in council with Archibald, we have decided to name those who shall receive magic from my Father, the lord of our lands, to help them better serve us. Our choices may seem unconventional, but there are many ways to ensure the proper growth of a sapling, and many hidden talents to be found within our borders. " A pause. How was she doing? She didn't know - though tried not to let her inexperience show. Her voice was as academic and sterile as always, though her gaze was perhaps more buoyant than normal, seeking out the gaze of those who had assembled. 

"We call on Syrena to replace me as Storyteller of these lands." Though she had had words with the mare previously, her efficacy as a candidate was unquestionable. "Cora and Brendan shall take up the ranks as Earth Medics... and another, a healer from the Edge." The demi-goddess's golden stare sought out the four-winged mare from those assembled. "Ultima. New to us, she is skilled as a healer, and we thank the Earth God and his guidance for bringing her to us." The demigoddess tried to offer a reassuring smile to the mare, which sat awkwardly on her death-marked features. "Under the guidance of these three we name Adria as their apprentice." Another pause. A breath. "Ranjiri has long been our mason, but we need another to aid her in her work." Isopia's golden stare now, for the first time, tried to find the sunbeam eyes of her friend. She had intentionally not run any of this by him, thinking that in the moment, she would simply think of something to say. He was the most skilled stone-worker she had ever seen, and ... and... Well, and she wanted him to be here. If he would. But even between childhood best friends, such words were hard for Isopia to articulate. 

"Zero, your gifts with stone are unmatched. Would you take the magic offered by my Father, and remain here, as our mason?" Leave your siblings, your Ma, and come here. Come here for me"Macaria and Guinevere will serve as architects." She finished, before swallowing the lump in her throat to continue. "Our sleuth, as many of you will have noticed-" (she certainly had) "-rarely attends our gatherings, as he has been set to gather as much information about the goings-on of Helovia as possible. As such, a slueth who can remain slighter closer to home is needed. Lotherarius - would you take up this mantle? With Hertz to aid you as a marauder?"

In typical Isopia fashion, these promotions were phrased not as choices, but as already decided. Her Father had said to grow the Falls, and that was what she would do. Yet ... In her mind, Hubris gently encouraged her to perhaps .. soften this first attempt at leadership. Despite the benefits of being a dictator, many did not like to feel as though they are ruled by one. 

And so, Isopia took her first stumbling steps towards diplomacy.

"What say you all? Brendan, Cora, and Ultima? Will you accept this magic? Will you take up the title of Earth Medics?" Her gaze moved to Syrena. "And you, Syrena. We spoke before of meaningful work ... will you accept the role of Storyteller?" Finally, to Zero. His name caught in her throat, golden eyes pleading for him to accept, unable to speak. "Lotherarius?"

tl;dr, Iso is an awkward leader + how do people actually call herd meetings.

Promotions.

Herd quest in next post.

Please reply in 72 hours! That's when i'll post again! <3

LET'S BREAK THE HF CURSE, YA'LL.

For clarity and if everyone accepts, the following is the result of the apps + promotions

Earth Medics:
@Brendan
@Persephone
@Ultima

@Adria as Apothecary!

Storyteller:
@Syrena (need to chose a rank magic!)

Masons:
Zekle (w/ Ranjiri, who was already ranked).

Spy
@Lotherarius

@Macaria and @Guinevere will be listed as Architects!

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky [meeting + herd quest] - by Isopia - 09-27-2016, 02:05 PM