the Rift

[PRIVATE] and all we are left with is embers [earth]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

ashes to ashes

The God sighed wearily. He was not surprised at Volterra's question - indeed he might have predicted it himself - but had no answer at the ready. To speak with the dead ... it would not bring the peace that many believed it would. What would a Father say to his dead son? A son who wouldn't know him, who wouldn't understand the words Volterra would say? What was an apology, a preferring of love to someone who had never known pain, who had never seen life? "That is a gift left to the God of the Spark, though my sister and brother dabble with that magic. There are a handful in the dragon's throat who can see spirits. Perhaps they can assist you in whatever it is you wish to communicate to him. Sadly, I cannot."

As the crimson eyed giant tried to justify his position, the God had to remind himself that he was here as a God, and not as a father to Isopia. Given Volterra's exploits the God genuinely believed he knew nothing of Aithniel's heritage. Perhaps he only knew her name, but that was part of the problem Isopia saw too, was it not? Life so carelessly made, wasn't that the reason she had cited for the murder of his grandson? "Regardless of what you knew about Aithniel, or what you had time to tell, or not tell Isopia, life is precious Volterra. You are a man, like many before you. Monogamy clearly does not suit you, and in that I find no fault. But life is precious, and unchecked instinct has never had good consequences. You were created with a mind Volterra. A mind to help guide your instincts, not take a backseat to them. I am pleased to hear that you love all of the children you have sired, but did you plan them? How many came as a surprise to you? I am a Father to more life than you could ever imagine, but never has the life I have created some as a surprise to me." The God paused, his paternalistic advice falling from his lips like a waterfall. "Perhaps you think monogamy restrictive. And perhaps it is. But you are young Volterra, and already you find yourself shackled to multiple heart beats, a prisoner of your own instinct."

The God turned his eyes away as Volterra mentioned the spar; the act that led to the murder of a life near and dear to both of them. The stallion's tentative question brought the God's rustic gaze back to him, and the giant studied the ruby gaze of Volterra solemnly for a moment before he answered. "Truly I do not know. I have never known my daughter to be vindictive or hold a grudge. Then again, I would have never expected her to do the things that she has with you, and because of you, either." His great sloping shoulders shrugged. "I am not the God of Time. I do not see that far into the future..But Isopia values knowledge almost above all else. You kept valuable information from her once, perhaps it would not be wise to do so again."

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
RE: and all we are left with is embers [earth] - by God of the Earth - 11-13-2016, 10:16 AM