the Rift

[PRIVATE] that one fool's dream [Adria]

Adria Posts: 36
Absent Abyss atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 3 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Hawk
 photo Adria_simpletable3_zpspoqgtbxe.png

If he was looking for a creature to judge this land by, the pearl was likely not the best candidate. Her whimsical nature would be more at home in lollipop land than Helovia. Of course though, if you looked ever closer, the blades which guarded her wings held secrets, threats even, and the contrast of those to her nature perhaps wasn’t so un-Helovian. Still, the pearl never made a good mirror. If you’re looking for a reflection, and know you won’t find a rosy picture, best not ask her. The girl only ever saw what she wanted, and that usually was the good in creatures.

Perhaps she should have faked some soft nod of understanding, or given way to his admittance that he had not yet explored. But the girl was too hopeful that would be the answer. So ignoring everything that preened her feathers and manners, she goes to speak, ready to blurt out if he was ready to go with her on whatever possible adventure she could dream up. Yet he speaks on, and her tongue holds. Her mind, now given a second, scolds her on her excitement. Even her magic had whipped into a more furious pace, going from a playful breeze to a gusty day.

He comments on the beauty and she nods smiling, agreeing, folding back into the shape her teachings made for her. Yet there was one line the girl simply could not understand. ‘horrible things can hide in beautiful shells’. The child’s head tilts, her smile dropping. Why would the inside not show upon the outside. Had her mother not always told her that if you had beauty within it would shine through? Her brother always teased her some simple white lie would grow an ugly wart? The girl was most confused, and lets her confusion silence her.

Her head was tucked in thought, and her eyes more downcast, when her curled ears catch the sound of him moving forward. Sea blue eyes look up, and it takes a second, but her smile regrows small at first. Perhaps she didn’t understand, but the new friend was coming closer, and trying to hold a conversation, and no trouble could last long when that was happening. His hesitations she gives no heed to, only waiting on the edge of the cliff of anticipation to hear another’s name. To have them volunteer it. Tommen. A strong name, she comments to herself rather naively. “I’m Adria.” She did not have to stop and think of the titles, though there were many. Princess. Heir. And others. To her it was quite simple, this was who she was.

Of course, that simplicity was also what lead to this poor soul’s entrapment in conversation with her. “It’s a pleasure Tommen. Perhaps I can show you around?” The gusty day blowing at her back seems to slow slightly. She didn’t even know where she’d take him, or what she’d show him, or even what to say, but if he’d just say yes, she’d have company for the whole afternoon. The girl could hardly imagine it without letting slip her true excitement.

"Look at all these sparkles. ALL THE SPARKLES!"
"I have lots of bubbles. They are all my bubbles. Yay bubbles!"
"This was an unexpected color option. "

@Tommen
OOC:: I'm terribly sorry I kept forgetting this one! If you want to drop its fine, but just post anyway.

Messages In This Thread
that one fool's dream [Adria] - by Tommen - 09-27-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: that one fool's dream [Adria] - by Adria - 10-08-2016, 08:49 AM
RE: that one fool's dream [Adria] - by Tommen - 10-12-2016, 07:57 PM
RE: that one fool's dream [Adria] - by Adria - 10-15-2016, 09:09 AM
RE: that one fool's dream [Adria] - by Tommen - 10-16-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: that one fool's dream [Adria] - by Adria - 12-25-2016, 10:52 PM