the Rift

[PRIVATE] all the stars are just a flicker

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

and there's so much more that you could see if you'd just stick around

As they stand there together, Lakota trying to keep her wits and strength about her, Ktulu's soft profession of love is almost enough to bring tears back to her violet eyes. Instead she turns her bare forehead against her beloved's warm neck, inhaling her scent like a drowning woman would gasp for air. She will remember her in any way she can, if these are to be her last moments. "I love you too. So much, Ktulu. You changed my life for the better." And though she normally would have never spoken the words so freely, without embarrassment or stumbling or a joke pinned at the end to make her feel less vulnerable or sappy, Lakota will not face potential death without having spoken them. She has regretted too many things in her forsaken life. This will not be one of them.

Lakota first notes the change in their surroundings by the warm droplet that slides down her cheek, and her tired eyes open as a soft, rumbling voice speaks. Her lungs breathe a little easier as the rain showers softly down upon them, the pain receding to dull aches, and she can stand more firmly on her own without need of Ktulu and Aodaun at her sides. Crinkled dark brow smooths out, and her heart aches with quiet gratitude for the relief. It was easy to forget how much living simply hurt until he took it away. And as she opens her eyes to find him standing before them, a rare configuration of her tired, sincere smile comes upon her inky lips. "Thank you," she whispers, though she is sure he will hear her. He is kind, to offer this respite, when she has given him nothing so far. Perhaps in another life, where Lakota was not so damaged, so bitter from life and fate, she would have followed him. A patron of earth and all things that grew the poisons and herbs she knew so well, with kindness in his heart and power in his might. She would have loved him, the pious girl she once had been before the world had ruined her. But she could only offer him her thanks, now. And pray that maybe, the might of him would be able to save her and her family.

"There is a sickness in me that the healers cannot touch," she explained softly, not wanting to upset Ktulu. The Poisoner had had months of coming to terms with her illness, Ktulu did not. "I do not think I have long left in this body. If you have the power, I ask you to take it from me somehow so I may stay with my family. If you do not..." her voice choked, for even she could not imagine the frightening expanse of death without trepidation. "I ask that you leave a piece of me to be remembered with Ktulu and my son, somehow. That you let Aodaun and I pass here in peace, so that he will not experience my pain, and will stay with me as we journey on." Because she could not bear to ask him to rip apart her soul to let Aodaun free. Even if it made her selfish, she couldn't deny Aodaun's gentle affirmation that he wanted the same thing too. 

@Mythical Request
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
all the stars are just a flicker - by Lakota - 09-29-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Ktulu - 10-19-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Lakota - 10-28-2016, 02:56 AM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Ktulu - 11-03-2016, 11:07 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Lakota - 11-23-2016, 10:30 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Ktulu - 12-25-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Lakota - 01-05-2017, 02:35 AM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Ktulu - 01-05-2017, 05:37 PM