the Rift

[PRIVATE] all the stars are just a flicker

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu the Constrictor

Ktulu was quiet as she listened to the God of the Earth as he lay two options before her. One being that she would quest before she could become pregnant with Lakota's child, and the other being that the child would be the one to have to quest. Naturally Ktulu wanted to take the quest on herself, but hesitated with Lakota spoke. Regardless of what she chose Lakota would die and that meant that she could either die knowing that Ktulu still had to quest for their child, or she could die knowing that Ktulu was already carrying their child.

It was a decision Ktulu didn't want to make, and she wondered just how long she could stall to keep Lakota alive.

For the first time since they'd made it to the Veins, Eytan left Ktulu's side to sit next to his oldest friend. Her own despair was only increased by Eytan's as he finally began to come to terms with the fact that he would be losing Ao. The two of them had been together for as long as the grizzly could remember and he couldn't, didn't want to, imagine life without the other bear.

"Do it now." Ktulu finally murmured, though her gaze remained on Lakota. "I'll help the child when the time comes." She sighed quietly, her neck stretching to brush her muzzle against Lakota's. "I will." She promised. "I'll tell him ... her." Whatever it was that they would have. "I'll tell them how beautiful you are... and how strong... how selfless." She blinked, her vision beginning to blur with unshed tears. "I'll tell them about how we met, how we fought together and quested to create life. And I'll tell them about how much I loved you..." Her voice broke as she used the word loved

"I love you. I love you. I love you, Ktulu. You will be an amazing mother."

There was so much more that Ktulu wanted to say, but was unable to put to words. No amount of I love yous felt like it would suffice. It just wouldn't express the depth of her love for the other mare nor would it express just how broken her heart would be by losing her.

"I'm ready."

But I'm not. Ktulu thought even though she didn't have a choice. "Wait for me." She whispered to the woman who had held her heart for so many years. "I'll see you again on the other side."

"."

Credits

@Lakota @Mythical Request

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
all the stars are just a flicker - by Lakota - 09-29-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Ktulu - 10-19-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Lakota - 10-28-2016, 02:56 AM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Ktulu - 11-03-2016, 11:07 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Lakota - 11-23-2016, 10:30 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Ktulu - 12-25-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: all the stars are just a flicker - by Lakota - 01-05-2017, 02:35 AM