the Rift

Of Monsters [open!]

Redux Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Photobucket

I yelled back when I heard thunder, but I'm down to one last breath

"Leander..." Redux relayed softly, almost to herself, as if trying out the name on her lips. She smiled to the winged stud and listened intently to his voice. The mentioned position of being a warrior confirmed Redux's thoughts about the stallion before her. He carried himself the way a warrior would. Redux's vivid orange eyes kept him in focus while, every so often, checking on the state of the unicorn stallion. Her attention was instantly captured by Leander's words. There were unicorns out there who hated the wings settled on the backs of these equines? The idea was absurd and belittled by Redux instantly. At the back of her mind, she knew there were winged horses who hated the unicorns as well. Redux glanced between D'artagnan and Leander for a moment before settling her attention back to the winged stallion.

As Leander began speaking of their surroundings and the layout of Helovia, Redux's eyes were alight with a vibrant fire of curiosity. This place she had stumbled upon was much bigger than she had initially expected. To be able to explore such a wondrous, large territory made Redux swell with optimism. Would she finally find the place that was calling her? Redux's ears were strained forward to listen to every detail Leander was giving her. She smiled exuberantly up to the handsome stud as the pride in his voice swept his features. The horned mare had no intention of making small comments while he was talking-- the stud did manage to consume her entire attention-- and Redux was better at listening than talking anyhow. She nodded slowly as if to digest the last bit of information he gave her.

The tension he showed for a moment caused Redux to shift her gaze away from the stud and look about their surroundings. The skies were still cloudy but open. For a swift moment she was jealous that Leander was able to reach such heights. The only times Redux's cloven hooves left solid ground was to jump over fallen trees in the forests she explored. Her optics gazed back to Leander in time to return his smile. "I trust that you have, Leander. Thank you for taking the time to tell me all of this. I shall definitely keep it in mind throughout my time here in Helovia." she said in a warm, cheerful tone. Redux quirked her ears back towards Leander as he asked her a question. A thoughtful look came about her features as she thought of what to say to the stud.

"I have forgotten where I hail from, truthfully." she answered softly, her voice quiet now as she spoke, "I do not know what I seek quite yet. I'll find my calling soon enough, though." Redux smiled up to Leander and then took a moment to look wistfully around them. "I've spent my years trying to find a place that truly felt like home... So I hope that Helovia may have a place for me in it's depths." she said thoughtfully. She turned her gaze back to Leander and smiled sweetly to him. "What about you, Leander? Were you born here in Helovia?" Her own curiosity shining through as she asked, hoping to get to know the stallion a little better.

( p.s. I think it's safe to say that D'Art will not be replying... 3: )

"Redux's speech"

Messages In This Thread
Of Monsters [open!] - by Redux - 10-24-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by d'Artagnan - 10-25-2012, 08:44 AM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Redux - 10-25-2012, 11:20 AM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Leander - 10-29-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Redux - 10-29-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Leander - 11-02-2012, 10:41 AM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Redux - 11-04-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Leander - 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Redux - 11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Leander - 11-05-2012, 06:21 AM