the Rift

Of Monsters [open!]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

As Leander went on to explain his knowledge of Helovia to Redux, she seemed completely engrossed in his words. His initial impression of the golden mare was a good one; she was a true lady, with grace and gentility. He had no doubts that she was strong as well, and could likely brandish the sword on her brow skillfully. All the components of a beautiful, elegant girl. It was times like these that he wished his heart didn't linger for one who'd rather follow a fallen tyrant than be by his side. He often wondered if his bitterness for Faelene's loyalty to Mauja would ever help him to love someone else. If he did, he would likely look for a doe much like the elegant, quiet one before him now. His golden eyes did wander, but his heart did not sway. His heart could not bear to break anyone else's.

Brilliant eyes laid on the sun-kissed curve's of Redux's face as she finally responded to his monologue. He listened patiently as she spoke, still smiling warmly. Maybe she could see the soft hint of longing in his gaze, or maybe her mind was too busy with thoughts of her new land to notice such small details. He was curious as to how anyone could forget where they'd come from, but he figured his own childhood was probably more remarkable than some. How could one ever forget such a violent end to their innocence? Soon the fire maned dove asked him a question, and he began to formulate an answer. "I was born in a distant land, in a group of my own kind. We were attacked by hostile Unicorns when I was a yearling, and I wasn't quite quick enough to get away." He relaid his past to her slowly, throwing a gesture back to the large scar across his haunch. "I learned that not all Unicorns were that way, though, and so I hold no grudge to any kind. I went on to become a rogue fighter of sorts for several years, training myself to be skilled in battle. One day I found Helovia, and decided to join the Dragon's Throat. It must have been fated, for it has truly become my home." He looked off through the trees as he spoke, musing over how quickly he'd become such a part of the herd after being such a loner for so long. Finally, he'd found his own place of fit, as Redux searched for now. After the brief pause, he let his charming gaze fall back to her own lovely face. "I know Helovia could have many places for you in it's depths, Redux. There are many recruiters that would swindle you into their herd if nothing but for another body to fill their land." He addressed her again, a quick image of Ricochet flashing through his mind. "But you are worth far more than to waste your time with that. The Dragon's Throat could be your home, if you would like to visit it with me. You would not be bound the the land or restricted, as many loners might think. And you may just find your calling within it." Bronze pools glistened above his husky chords. "What would you think about becoming a sleuth?" His words were low, almost mysteriously enticing. The title was exciting in itself, and if he were not such a bulky warrior hearted stallion, he'd likely be one himself. He had been particulary searching for someone special; someone who could fill the one position in the Throat that was devastatingly weak. Something in the girl's bright firey eyes made him wonder if she was the one. Maybe the skilled one he sought was standing right before him, and maybe the aureate lady's calling was now in front of her.

[ooc: table switch xD]

Messages In This Thread
Of Monsters [open!] - by Redux - 10-24-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by d'Artagnan - 10-25-2012, 08:44 AM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Redux - 10-25-2012, 11:20 AM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Leander - 10-29-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Redux - 10-29-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Leander - 11-02-2012, 10:41 AM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Redux - 11-04-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Leander - 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Redux - 11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
RE: Of Monsters [open!] - by Leander - 11-05-2012, 06:21 AM