the Rift

[OPEN] Fall Underneath

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Sometimes this thing happens where all things come together, by chance or fate or whatever, to swirl around and create a perfect storm of ASS that rages all up inside your head and your chest and it’s the worst fucking thing, man. I mean, I guess I don’t really need to explain that’s what was happening to me now do I? Why the fuck would I be bringing it up if it wasn’t relevant?

Dude no screaming at audience.

Shut the fuck up Cheek I don’t feel like hearing it.

That’s fair.

I’m sorry bro.

Eh, whatever.

We cool?

Ye.

Well at least that’s one thing I didn’t screw up.

Not like I was actually screwing anything up yet. I was doing what I was supposed to be doing, dragging along Kis down the Dragon’s Throat, where Ma had told me she would be. For the first time I knew exactly where I would be able to find her (yeah, that’s a bitter thought out of nowhere, whaddup) and I had a legit excuse to bother her peace of mind with a request from another person. Being useful ‘n shit, because as it turns out Kis needed a little extra prodding to keep from being a homicidal maniac. Did I know what was happening? No, I don’t, except she wanted to kill a dude for some reason and she wanted to forget his ass. And by forget I mean wipe that bastard out of her mind completely by magical bullshit means.

I figured Ma would be a perfect candidate for that kind of thing. Since her superpower was memory I bet that she would know a thing or two about the shit. Not to mention she was someone I knew who had actually had her memory erased before (which was a sharp jab in my side every time I thought about it), and I dunno it just seemed perfect that she lived in the land of the god that had done that to her in the first place. The irony was beautiful, goddammit (and it was another jab in my side, there we go, that  makes two so far).

Did I have a right to be butthurt by this request? I mean, nah,not if it kept her calm and cool like the righteous asshole she’s supposed to be and back to normal and brought her peace of mind besides. But my heart tugged at the thought of it, anyway; that someone could be so wronged, so affected by a hatred or something they felt for another person that it would be better for their health and wellbeing if they just...if they just forgot about them all together to save themselves from the trauma of it. And that was the thirdish-fourthish jab because I didn’t know how to stack it up in my head like that, to view it straight with a clear eye. It was just there, a feeling I didn’t know how to deal with, and all it did was piss me off and make me silent and moody and angry as we made our way south, down to where the hot went over the fall and the winter months, down where fucking sand reigned supreme and was already making its way to its favorite little cozy spots directly in and around my asshole. Who the fuck thought sand was a good idea. Jeez. (That’s uh...that’s a fifth jab, I guess.)

We came up on the coast and there it was, not too far away in the gold of a setting sun: the isle of the Dragon’s Throat, because I dunno someone decided that making it an island would’ve been the coolest shit (honestly they’re not wrong). But I had forgotten it was like this and that there wasn’t a bridge so when we came upon the gentle waves breaking on the beach, I furrowed my brow and blurted, “Awgh fuck.” Finally breaking the silence, my temper not helped at all by Chico soaring above me on soft owl’s wings, chittering the laughter I had booming in my head because I have an understanding, compassionate asshat of a companion. The final jab.

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

@Isopia

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-01-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-10-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-17-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-18-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Ophelia - 10-18-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Zèklè - 10-18-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-21-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-21-2016, 08:28 PM