the Rift

[OPEN] Fall Underneath

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

She was talking to me and I was ignoring her because pissed.

I was just standing there staring at the water gently lapping the shore line, glaring at it like it owed me money. Chico dipped down from the sky on soundless wings, a feather-light shadow resting on my back, shuffling his big clumsy owl feet as he squawwwed the laughter that was already booming in my head. Okay. Alright buddy. This ain’t fucking helping.

Did I have wings? I mean okay yeah sure, I had them, I’d always had them from the moment I was born. Not that I knew it all the time; when I was a baby they were so natural they were basically invisible. Like...how was I supposed to know that there were things on my back that were special enough for flight? Why would I unless I needed to fly?

And when would I ever need to do that? I could haul ass just fine on my own two feet.

Except one day Chico’s ass hatched for me and at one point he zpsnked into something that flew and then after that he was hounding me all the time to do it with him. Like...not outright hounding, just sneaky shit like offhand thoughts here and sly words there, along with an aerial loop-de-loop or whatever to spice it up and try and sell the concept to me. But...like...whatever dude sit your ass down I ain’t go time for that kind of foolishness. I’d been alive for so long and I ain’t never come across a situation where I needed my wings and I told his ass that if I ever did then he could rub it in all he wanted to and I’d just have to grit my teeth and take it and I dunno, learn how to fly I guess.

Welp, he was reaping his spoils. And I didn’t have a right to be mad. Now I had to fly.

Except I was mad and it was made worse by Kis being there witnessing this and having the nerve to act all impatient with me. Like--bitch I’ll slap the brown off her face fucking with me like that. I was the one trying to be helpful and take her to see Ma and get her shit fixed. She didn’t need to slip so easily back in her both-taller-and-holier-than-thou attitude about my shortcomings. That was a pun I wasn’t trying to make and it’s only making me even more annoyed and it’s getting harder to focus on the topic at hand. I’m having a hard time.

I ground my teeth because she needed an answer and I was trying and failing to come up with a good one. “I--” Have a cramp in my ass. But that didn’t even sound smooth. “I’m--” Taking a break. But that sounded like some weak shit and I was too proud to stammer it out. “I’m...uh…” Failing at coming up with something to say. I snorted then, because I was too bloated with red-hot air to even attempt a good lie, and if I didn’t let some of it out I’d probably explode. “I can’t--fly,” finally came the words, blustery and indignant, my eyes cast away from her and off towards the horizon that was so agonizingly out of reach by running.  

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-01-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-10-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-17-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-18-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Ophelia - 10-18-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Zèklè - 10-18-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-21-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-21-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Ophelia - 10-21-2016, 11:36 PM