the Rift

[OPEN] Fall Underneath

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
In reality's shadow the blind see best.

Ophelia's arrival stopped Isopia before she could get very far - but it was far enough that she didn't hear the words whispered under Ros's breath, nor see the scowl and silly-face made at her retreating backside. She recognized the pale mare almost immediately - who hadn't heard of Ophelia? The mare ascended by the sun? It constantly surprised her that such an elegant creature could have given birth to Roskuld, but that was genetics for you.

Isopia dipped her quad-horned skull in greeting, spinning on her long legs to face Roskuld once again, as it became clear that they wouldn't have to cross the bridge after all. They had luck on their side it seemed, and the one they had been searching for had come to them. Ros echoed these thoughts, and again, Iso dipped her skull, this time in agreement.

Isopia could feel herself bristle slightly as Ros called her Kis. She felt both stunned by the comment, and weirdly wounded, as if hearing the affectionate name Volterra had dubbed her with coming from her cousin's mouth was meant to be some sort of slight. It felt like lemon juice in a paper cut.

Before Ros could finish, Zero arrived. Isopia couldn't recall a time in the past when she hadn't wanted to see him, and even now, with her sanity on the line, she was still relieved to see his exuberant form joining their group. Still stifled a smile at the name he called her, though it warmed the cockles of her heart in a way she hadn't thought was possible, given her current situation.

"I am called The Mountain that Knows." She clarified to Ophelia, though it was possible that the mare already knew that. Isopia was no where near as well known as the Aramanthine, but her lengthy monicker often proceeded her, even so.

Looking to Zero, Isopia offered a smile so weighted down by sadness, that her head drooped slightly. He knew what she had done ... But not what had just transpired. If Ros was to believed, she had nearly killed not only Volterra, but his dragons as well. It was all still a blur in her mind, and despite the progress she had made these past few seasons, it was no longer a weight that she could endure. "No, we don't need the key. We needed the Aramathine. And now she is here."

Turning to regard Ophelia again, Isopia's gaze kept finding itself drawn to her red eye, rather than the blue. "Yes-" She agreed, motioning towards Roskuld. "I have memories that I can no longer endure. She tells me that you can remove them-" Isopia swallowed. Admitting her mistakes was something she was poor at at the best of times. But having to do so in front of a complete stranger, her cousin and biggest critic, and her best friend?

But perhaps that was the price that was owed to even have the opportunity to speak her case. "I would pay any price you could offer to remove these memories from my mind." She concluded, her voice stern and unwavering.

She wanted to cast a look at Zero, but forbade herself. Isopia assumed that the boy would disagree with this decision. Something told her that Zero would demand that she hold onto what she had done so that she would never make such a mistake again, or because it was only fair to remember the bad things you had done, or something like that. Her mind wanted to accuse him of not knowing what it was like, but of course there were things she knew had happened to him which were worthy of forgetting - and even more things that she didn't.

@Ophelia

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-01-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-10-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-17-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-18-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Ophelia - 10-18-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Zèklè - 10-18-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Roskuld - 10-21-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Isopia - 10-21-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: Fall Underneath - by Ophelia - 10-21-2016, 11:36 PM