the Rift

[OPEN] Two Birds, One Home

Saartjie Posts: 11
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
ali

S A A R T J I E

Saartjie was happy to leave the Threshold and her jerk of a brother behind. He'd really hurt her with his hoer comment and she'd meant what she'd said when she told him that she hoped he had a heat stroke. She also hoped a scorpion stung him someplace extremely sensitive. Thankfully Gaal's voice drew her out of her loathing and she glanced over at him. "Ons kon teruggaan." She said. "En maak ons eie trop." But she could never leave Jata behind, no matter how angry he made her. "Just us." It wouldn't stop her from thinking about it, or talking about it from time to time, especially when she was mad at him.

It was hard for her not to notice that Gaal's gaze often drifted toward her as they flew. There was the blatant staring along with the way he had to correct himself because he would begin to fly crooked. As he looked to her another time she turned her head so she could catch his eye and she smiled. "One day you're going to fly into a tree." As she spoke her wings tilted so that she drifted closer to him, and when she flapped her wings the tips of her feathers brushed against his side. "I would hate to see you hurt, lekker."

The Edge was much different than anything that Saartjie had seen before and she decided quickly that Gaal hadn't been exaggerating when he'd said that the place was beautiful. Her hooves touched the ground and she folded her multi-colored wings against her sides as she looked around. She took note of certain things as they descended toward the ground -- the broken glass wall being one of them. She assumed that that marked the border, but it was of little importance to her right then. As Gaal walked farther into the Edge she followed behind him, but when the tent and lake came into view she paused.

Beautiful.

Gaal's voice when he asked if she needed water... or if she was thirsty for something else. "I think, right now, I would like some water." She answered, but she couldn't let the opportunity that she had to drive Gaal crazy slip away. "Vanaand kan jy my ander dors te les." She purred as she brushed past him.

"."

Translation:
ons kon teruggaan - we could go back
en maak ons eie trop - and make our own herd
lekker - yummy
Vanaand kan jy my ander dors te les - you can satisfy my other thirst tonight

Love left me hollow
I'm with you in the end
Cold, crippled and shallow
Don't leave me here again
img credits

Messages In This Thread