the Rift

[PRIVATE] Grant Me the Serenity

Kianzo Posts: 95
World's Edge Sleuth
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 2
Keusi :: Striped Hyena :: Terrorize smitty
Kianzo
the prince of darkness is a perfect gentleman
The dark princeling had not ventured further onto the salt flats. His short experience with the heat, the maddening filly with her wolf pups (Keusi yipped behind him in agreement), and the general ennui the mundane expanse of reflective water and skies with no definite horizon held no further interest for him. The dark gold colt, in short, had turned after leaving the pups to choke on his prize, and ventured back north.

Foal legs, which were more tired than he would ever admit, slowed with each small stride. He sighed, sharp blue eyes blinking slowly as he looked around; a cool mist had begun to gently envelop his lanky body. Long, hollow rods of bamboo rose around him—this was where he and Kia and found their companions. A black rimmed ear swiveled backwards, followed by a swing of his head. His cub, despite her vicious bark and bite, was also fading into exhaustion from their long trek.

A small, surprisingly sharp pang for home—for sister and mother and their cave— hit his empty gut. His anger at Kia and annoyance with mother were momentarily forgotten. A soft, surprisingly foal-ish and vulnerable sigh (especially for Kianzo) left his pale, whiskered muzzle. Amid the mists and the tall, thick reeds he, for a few precious moments, looked his age. A small, tired colt that had ventured too far from home and had gotten lost in his exhaustion.

But it lasted only a few breaths; for the tiny prince squared his gold-dusted shoulders and puffed out his ash-dusted chest. “Come on, Si,” his emboldened voice, deep for a young colt, bounced off the thick reeds they were surrounded by. His hyena cub, however, was not as reenergized as her companion. She was tired and hungry—cheated of her meal in the flats.

He turned to glare at her as she plopped her small, striped haunches down. And her equally bright blue eyes stared back.
image | bckg

@Bellisma

Please tag Kianzo in all replies.

Messages In This Thread
Grant Me the Serenity - by Kianzo - 10-03-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Bellisma - 10-07-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Kianzo - 10-09-2016, 09:14 AM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Bellisma - 10-13-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Kianzo - 10-15-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Bellisma - 10-15-2016, 01:26 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Kianzo - 10-15-2016, 04:09 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Bellisma - 10-16-2016, 12:33 PM