the Rift

[PRIVATE] Grant Me the Serenity

Bellisma Posts: 53
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 :: 8 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Bellisma
Bellisma wondered, idly, why the young man had chosen this path specifically. The foliage was too dense to pass unscathed on the left, so it pushed any passersby to the right - continually. She didn't know this land well, but during her explorations she'd ventured through the labyrinth a time or two, excited by its twists and turns. She'd made this mistake a dozen times before realizing there was an area where the reeds were not as solid as they appeared.

She could have told him this little secret, but if that had been her intention then the mare would not have been his shadow all this time. It still felt slightly wrong to her, tracking him like this, but his bravado at the flats had warranted the attention. He reminded her, vaguely, of her captor; but he was young and pliable (maybe), which meant there still may be hope for him. If she could just have a few moments to talk with him, then maybe he would change his ways. Doing so right now was probably not the brightest idea Bellisma had ever had, but she rationlized that both he and his yippy companion were tired enough that this was her best chance of getting out of the conversation alive. Yes, he was "just a colt", but she was no fool - she was both outnumbered and outgunned.

A moment came then that appeared to be her best shot: the boy quieted to the point of near-defeat. Up until that point he had not let his true age show, but for a breath Bellisma saw him as he was. That, almost, had her turning away; but doing so was a double-edged sword. Leaving meant not talking to him, which meant he would go down the reckless path he had sown for himself and, in Bell's eyes, inevitably become a monster she feared. It would also leave him stranded in this place, unlikely to escape until he let go of his stubborness and retraced his steps - which seemed unlikely, given the interaction she had seen. Therefore she stayed, sighing very, very quietly, committed to wait until the next opportunity presented itself... Two heartbeats later.

Steeling herself, Bellisma stood tall. It was now or never. She strode forward through the fog that had begun accumulating, fixing her features into her best approximation of contempt. "I agree, Si," she offered smugly, dipping her head in a nod toward the companion, if only briefly. Having entered the stage, the little mare now felt the weight of her decision - but she had gone too far to turn back now. Cocking a hip as if the mare had a single tough bone in her body, orbs the color of the reeds around them stroked the boy from head to hoof. Had he not been so exhausted - and young - she may have found him handsome. Now, however, especially after the show he'd put on back at the flats, she thought of him as nothing more than a nuisance in these lands. One she fully intended on relieving it of.

"You seem lost, little boy," she offered in way of greeting, a sincere smirk curving one side of her mouth - pleased with herself for having the guts to say something that could come across so sinister.
@kianzo

Please tag Bellisma in every reply.

Messages In This Thread
Grant Me the Serenity - by Kianzo - 10-03-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Bellisma - 10-07-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Kianzo - 10-09-2016, 09:14 AM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Bellisma - 10-13-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Kianzo - 10-15-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Bellisma - 10-15-2016, 01:26 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Kianzo - 10-15-2016, 04:09 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Bellisma - 10-16-2016, 12:33 PM
RE: Grant Me the Serenity - by Kianzo - 10-21-2016, 09:55 PM