the Rift

[OPEN] choke [joining!]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

YOU CAN'T STRAY FROM WHAT YOU ARE
YOU'RE THE CLOSEST THING TO HELL I'VE SEEN SO FAR

He raises one scarred eyebrow. "They sound like beasts," he remarks. He is a beast, to an extent, but these equines of which Sunjata speak sound truly primitive. Volterra would probably get along with them, actually.

A small chuckle leaves his jaws at the male's mention of him fucking up anybody who disagrees. "Unfortunately, I doubt that would earn me many favours, as enjoyable as it would be," he says with a small grin. His battle prowess is probably known to everyone within the herd - it can be no secret that their Gladiator is good on the battlefield - but that, he thinks, is not why they don't trust him. It's....everything else. They know he can protect them, but he is not sure they are aware that he has any other skills. Nor is him being a good warrior necessarily something that would earn their trust - it may do the exact opposite. To them, Sikeax has invited in somebody who could, if he wanted, maul his way through the herd right to the top. They have every right to be wary of this new leviathan in their midst.

"I understand where they are coming from, to an extent. The vast majority of the herd are related to the previous king, and he was a legend in these lands. Replacing him will be no easy feat, although I have full faith in our Sultana. Those that cling to the old ways, however, will take a lot more convincing, and the fact that none of them know who I am does not help things." He's still unsure why he's telling Sunjata this, but he supposes it isn't anything that the blue man wouldn't have found out anyway. It is probably common knowledge that the Throat has a new Gladiator who most have never met - after all, he'd been an outcast his entire life before joining.

Sunjata adds that he is not a warrior by design, but appreciates the way scars appeal to women. Volterra gives a knowing chortle at this, pawing lazily at the sand with one hoof as he contemplates his many battlewounds. "The choice is entirely yours, Sunjata. If the life of a warrior does not appeal to you, we also have spies, healers and spiritualists. I would advise you to perhaps spend a couple of weeks simply acclimatising and meeting your other herdmates, then decide what you wish to pursue." Volterra himself cannot understand why anybody would not want to be a warrior, but he appreciates that it is the case.

@Sunjata sorry for the wait omg I sux

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
choke [joining!] - by Sunjata - 10-04-2016, 10:19 PM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Volterra - 10-05-2016, 02:06 PM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Sunjata - 10-05-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Volterra - 10-10-2016, 01:19 PM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Sunjata - 10-17-2016, 06:15 PM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Volterra - 10-30-2016, 11:12 AM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Sunjata - 10-30-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: choke [joining!] - by Volterra - 11-05-2016, 12:40 PM