the Rift

[OPEN] stick and stones may break bones, but freeze burns...

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She would check, if asked. That’s her job, and though she is somewhat amused, she does her best to be as professional as possible. And she would go looking about with a straight face and a keen eye if that was what he required. But she would not just go sticking her head down here, or volunteer to do so. That seems like crossing a boundary, when he otherwise says he feels better. Better is not healed, necessarily, but there is limit to what magic can do. Time usually solves the rest.

Still, she can’t help but feel a little relieved at being done with this particular task. At least for now. Though she still watches the way he moves, making certain he can put weight on both hind feet equally. Not that she’s entirely sure if a second healing wind would heal more or if it would just exhaust her. Though she would try, if she needed.

Thankfully he does seem mostly alright at this point. She notices the grin that doesn’t reach his eyes though, the grin that fades quickly at her question. Ah, perhaps more of a sore spot than his nether region now. Good job, Lyanna. A figurative kick to the balls when he’s already down. But she keeps that particular thought to herself. Instead, she nods as Elsa’s title slips through his lips, but she otherwise lets it drop, more than happy to take up the change of conversation he offers.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, she cannot help but wonder just exactly what happened. Did it have anything to do with her stepping down? Or were they wholly unrelated things? She can speculate, of course, but that does no one any good and only breeds rumors (not that she intends to tell anyone else about this). “I do,” she says, the questions in her head cast aside, her teal eyes bright as she follows the King’s gaze to the greenhouse. “I was never given an opportunity to choose a path for myself, where I come from. And I’m not entirely sure I was all that well suited to pretending to enjoy the company of everyone that came my way. I always preferred to wander the forest nearby. Which now I can do while collecting herbs.” She says with a light laugh. She enjoyed helping people as well, not just the wandering, of course.

“Healing feels far more like I’m actually contributing,” she adds, her voice just a bit softer with the honesty of that statement. It’s out of context for Tembovu. Only Glasgow knows her full story, and she’s not sure just how much she wants to tell him. Yes, he was her King, but they were not necessarily close. Still, if this was truly her home, she had to trust that no one would judge her for a past that she never controlled. Maybe he didn’t need the nitty gritty, the details that still felt like scraping a raw wound against a tree. But the basics? Nothing hurt in that. Those didn’t hurt so much to tell. “Once upon a time, I played at being a princess in a land much smaller than Helovia. Ah, well, technically I was a princess. Middle child though, mostly ignored by my parents, lots of lessons in pretty smiles and some slightly more useful lessons in fighting, history, basic medicine and the like.” She says, figuring that’s enough context to make the rest of her comments make a bit more sense.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Tembovu

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: stick and stones may break bones, but freeze burns... - by Lyanna - 11-08-2016, 01:01 PM