the Rift

[OPEN] stick and stones may break bones, but freeze burns...

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
His lips, which had been tightly pursed at the questioning of who he had battled, turned into a genuinely warm grin at the candid nature of her reply and light laugh. A low chuckle rumbled in response, “Yes, let’s not have you pretending to enjoy other’s company,” his deep voice echoed, amusement able to shine out of his navy gaze as his pain was tended to by the good Moon Doctor.

Though his amusement fade as her voice softened with honesty, he did not grow somber. Instead, he grew intrigued, head and gaze turning from the glinting glass greenhouse to study her dark, white-marked face. His cobalt eyes peered past the teal tips of her forelock as she revealed she liked contributing—and then she revealed more; the King had wondered about the teal stained woman. It had seemed that Alysanne, their new Queen, shared a closer bond with the Moon Doctor—perhaps because it was she who offered her the promotion, or that they both shared an interest in healing.

Regardless of the reason, the Elephant had felt as if he was bordering on the edges of Lyanna’s orbit, a superficial Leader-Healer relationship that had no depth other than mutual, inherent respect. But now, as she gave the basics of her history, the King could not help but feel some deep, happy satisfaction. It was a salve to the wounds Elsa had ripped through him. So he, again, tilted up the corners of his black lips, “It is your parent’s loss to have ignored you,” it was only the unexpected quietness of his mumble that revealed how exhausted he was from the battle with the Thicket, Elsa, and the healing. Though unwilling to break this conversation, he knew that a tired listener was often worse than no listener at all, so he dipped his large head deeply, navy eyes sliding to half-mast, “I thank you for the healing, Lyanna. And I would enjoy hearing more of your homeland. But, now, I must rest.”
Tembovu
The Elephant King

@Lyanna
I'm sorry I drug this out. I'm the worst <3 I enjoyed this thread, though! Since it's rather old, I'm happy to end it here?

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
RE: stick and stones may break bones, but freeze burns... - by Tembovu - 12-01-2016, 08:31 PM