the Rift

Follow the Leader [Joining! Leander, Kri, Open]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

The little white filly would not find sleep instantly, like most foals, and soon posed him a question. Leander smiled down at her thoughtfully, wondering how to answer and describe Kri to the young ones. After a few moments of musing, he began. "If Kri comes here, she will welcome you two into the herd officially. She is a good, strong leader, but she is not quite as talkative you and I. I think you will like her, and remember to not be afraid even if she may seem a little gruff sometimes. She has taken good care of the herd for a long time." The golden stallion gave what answer he could to his two charges, though he was sure Kri would be pleased to see such young life filling the Throat, even if it split his energy between his warrior duties and their care. A mother would be necessary for the foals, and if he could find the right mare within the herd, he would ask her to give them her care and love, even if he could not love anyone as he did Faelene. Maybe in time his desire for the ebon Unicorn would fade, but for now it burned heavy within his chest.

Amidst the playful bicker of the little pegasi, Leander almost missed the foreign form in the distance. Keen gold eyes noticed that it was a luminescent masculine body, and no small male at that. The stranger was none that he'd noticed in the Throat before in all his patrols, and worry immediately washed over him. It was a trespasser of their borders, not a newcomer with a wish of acceptance. For if the pale horse wanted a home, wouldn't he have approached them and asked? Instead, the stallion just stood still and stared out ominously. If he came any closer, the children may well be in danger.

With a stern expression, Leander turned his head to face Amenhotep. "Stay here, and keep your sister safe. I do not think that stallion is part of the herd, and he may not mean us well. If anything happens to me, run and find Kri or others of the herd. They will take care of you." His tone was authoritative, though he knew the smart colt would understand that his sister's safety would rest with him for now. With a reassuring nod to the boy, the massive tawny brute rose from his position on the ground, careful not to disturb Nefertari, and began a brisk trot towards the figure. It did not take too long to get close, and feathered limbs soon slowed into a walk. The foreign stallion's eyes were void black, like Svetlana's, but the color did not give off such a dangerous feel on the mare. Standing to the front of the light male, Leander halted. Mahogany wings had spread on his way over, lending even more breadth to his own appearance. "Greetings. You have reached the Dragon's Throat herd, sir. May I ask what you seek here?" His voice rang with polite question, the usual manners apparent but his profile laced with quiet vigilance. If the stranger did want to cause any problems here, he would have to get past him first.

Messages In This Thread
Follow the Leader [Joining! Leander, Kri, Open] - by Nefertari - 10-25-2012, 01:24 PM
RE: Follow the Leader [Joining! Leander, Kri, Open] - by Nefertari - 10-25-2012, 04:11 PM
RE: Follow the Leader [Joining! Leander, Kri, Open] - by Nefertari - 10-26-2012, 01:39 PM
RE: Follow the Leader [Joining! Leander, Kri, Open] - by Nefertari - 10-29-2012, 11:52 AM
RE: Follow the Leader [Joining! Leander, Kri, Open] - by Nefertari - 10-31-2012, 11:31 AM
RE: Follow the Leader [Joining! Leander, Kri, Open] - by Leander - 10-31-2012, 06:14 AM