the Rift

[OPEN] Things over which you have no claim

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
It was good to get some confirmation that Kahlua’s daughter was well, at least well enough to say so and not look as though she were lying. The next news came as a bit of a surprise - despite the fact that the girl before her was taller than Alysanne now it was tricky not to think of her as a foal, and now she was a Czarina! “Oh that’s wonderful! Congratulations. I’m sure your mother would be so proud.” Aly was proud, at least, and she found it easy to assume that Kahlua would feel the same. Word had certainly reached her that there was a new queen in the Falls - she just had not expected it to be the girl that stood in front of her! Well no, not a girl anymore - a mare, grown and ruling a herd land.

For a moment, before the conversation continued, Alysanne had a moment where she wondered whether it would be easy to let go of her prejudice against the Falls now. Potentially… until she saw Archibald or Kaj’s face.

For once, Alysanne would’ve been happy to skip the pleasantries because the necessary return inquiry from Kahlua’s daughter. She hated lying, especially because she wasn’t that good at it - even now her smile faltered - but explaining to this near-stranger that she hadn’t been well for quite some time was a little too honest. “I’ve been well enough.” She finally settled on as a response, regaining her smile and speaking it in a confident enough voice that hopefully stopped any follow up questions.

But she wasn’t just going to leave it there - she was curious about what brought the Czarina to the Edge. It seemed unlikely that it was just to reminisce about old times. “Now, Czarina, is there something I can help you with?” Now that the subject had shifted away from her, she relaxed a little bit more and her smile became easy again - her tone light and friendly and, of course, curious.

If you could only understand—through my heart and through my veins
I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding

@Isopia
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Things over which you have no claim - by Isopia - 10-10-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Things over which you have no claim - by Alysanne - 10-21-2016, 05:55 PM