the Rift

[OPEN] Things over which you have no claim

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia listened with a dispassionate stare. She had no personal stake in this, not really. For her, it was an entirely philosophical matter (and one she actually found quite interesting, the more that Aly spoke). The only reason she was personally involved was because of her rank, and the duty she owed to her herd.

"I don't recall what the status of his membership was previously," Isopia admitted with a small shrug. Though it was inconsequential in her mind. "It is quite possible that your spectar did indeed take it from him while he was an outcast. Even so-" She paused thoughtfully now, quite clearing enjoying this. It was after all, likely the most interesting debate she had been a part of in a while and despite the fact that her integrity as a herd leader (and her worthiness too, probably) was on the line, Isopia was interested only in the philosophical implications of the matter at hand.

"Do you think there is such a thing as something stolen fairly?" She posed, looking genuinely at Aly now for her input. "It seems to me that the only reason your spectars seek outcasts, is to not upset the fragile balance between the herds. Even without an alliance between yourselves and any one particular outcast, stealing does not ever seem to be a thing done without some amount of culpability." Pausing again, Isopia considered what she had just said. "Though perhaps there are cases of permissible stealing, as in when one is without options and is starving, perhaps." Her eyes had fallen, as if she was studying Aly's knees, as she verbally thought this through. Once finished, her Amber gaze snapped back up to meet the Queen's, a decisive conclusion on her lips.

"But I don't believe that was the case. Your spectar, admittedly, took something that did not belong to them. They, from the Edge, one of the wealthiest herds when one considers your impressive roster, from an outcast, with no resources but those they find themselves, and with no one to aid them. What is fair, about a spectar blessed with magic from the moon, living in a herd of abundance, taking something from someone else?" Still there was no accusation in her voice, despite the fact that she clearly thought she had the philosophical upper hand. "Or is it that your need here is so great, that you required, with the same amount of need as one starving to death, those bags that you now wear?"

Isopia listened to the offer of a trade, frowning for a moment, before shaking her head slowly, as if she wasn't entirely sure of her decision. "I ... I don't believe a trade is warranted, for you never offered offered any consideration - resource or otherwise - to Cowboy. You unjustly stole, no matter how successfully, and now believe you are entitled to compensation in the form of a trade?" Isopia's ears flickered quizzically as she spoke, as if she couldn't understand the validity of what Aly was offering. And in truth, she couldn't.         

"I would fight you for them however, should you prefer that." Again her tone was even, not bating the Queen or presenting the challenge as anything other than another option that they might consider.                                            

@Alysanne

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Things over which you have no claim - by Isopia - 10-10-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Things over which you have no claim - by Isopia - 10-21-2016, 07:47 PM