the Rift

[OPEN] Things over which you have no claim

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Of course, Alysanne was embarrassed because she did momentarily forget that collecting information was a part of the sneaks job - embarrassed enough that she refused to address those questions. But, luckily enough, a word that the Czarina mentioned when describing the function of the Falls’ sneaks had all her other thoughts come screeching to a halt. “Recruitment?!” She repeated the word in a strained voice, baffled by this course of action. “You actually stole others to recruit them to the Falls? So the Falls is able to ‘demonstrate their prowess’ by praying on outcasts for their very body yet you have an issue with the Edge doing the same for some useful items?” Knowing what she did about the previous rulers of that herdland, and what she was learning about the new Czarina, Alysanne found it hard to believe that those stolen were given a mere invitation.

The insinuation that the Edge was lazy when it came to their alliance had Alysanne snort in annoyance as she laid her ears back briefly. “We have other items we have asked the Basin to make for us, other items we have traded them for, that have taken priority over bags. Please be careful with your assumptions on how this herd is run.”  

The idea of challenging for useful items was ludicrous to Alysanne, ever the one for peace. And she narrowed her eyes as she gained the impression of just how little the Czarina seemed to think of her and her views, just because they were different.

“Challenges might be a foundation of your governance, Czarina, but they are certainly not part of mine.” Alysanne replied cooly. “Just because I do not believe violence an appropriate approach to herd life does not mean I am wrong. We appear to disagree on what is considered fair and I do not understand what gives you the right to believe your opinion is worth more than mine.” She detested the way the taller mare was scoffing at her arguments and could feel it needling her anger. She hated arguments - knew that she was likely to lose her original point the deeper it went and knew she would soon suffocate with the anger that tasted like bile in her mouth. “Is it your intention to always match perceived unfair actions with other unfair actions during your rule? A rather odd way to resolve conflicts, I would think, or is that simply your approach to diplomacy with other herds?”  

Alysanne may be flawed and certainly had already made mistakes as queen, but she was glad to be different from the mare before her. What must it be like to consider violence the answer to everything?

Swept away were those earlier thoughts of reconciling her prejudice against the Falls - the herd there was just as filled with bloodlust as she had always believed. “I offered you a trade that I believed to be fair so that we could put this behind us but if we are past that...” That did not seem to be possible now, though she desperately wished it was still an option. She hated the direction this conversation was taking as much as she hated the other mare for making her feel utterly useless at her job. I will not fight you, Czarina, but if you wish to draw blood for the sake of a leather bag I am certain I can find a champion to satisfy your need.”

If you could only understand—through my heart and through my veins
I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Things over which you have no claim - by Isopia - 10-10-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Things over which you have no claim - by Alysanne - 10-21-2016, 10:09 PM