the Rift

down with the hammer

Talbot Posts: 2
Unclaimed
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4
Tay

TALBOT

The sunset was beautiful. All was gold.

Trees had the aura of embers, they’d been smoked out all summer, left to glow bleakly in fast wind. So much of the forest was a tide: the high surge of molten leaves gushed and pooled around my legs in ways that were like the ocean. So long ago was the pelting of a good wave so exhilarating on my legs – and running at it, with it, was a freedom fight. I loved how the world would peel against me as I rode through it.

I was independent again.

But this beauty is independent of me. No matter the cadence of my heartbeat, there was no matching, melding, micro-synchronizing with the nature of my surroundings. The trees were on fire and I was only steely eyes, peering and glinting back at what I longed for. The immobility of such a consequence as an article of nature was impossible for me. There is nothing my mobile soul can do to live and stop simultaneously. There is no breaking of one form for another, or both. There was none of that there in the threshold. That is why it was a threshold, a dam between one river to the next. I believed I was full of that water magic: the way I behaved as a child when I could bound for hours and enjoy breathlessness. But the world I entered then, as I paused in the embers of an autumnal forest…it was just all becoming ash.

live or die, but don't poison everything

Messages In This Thread
down with the hammer - by Talbot - 10-10-2016, 04:35 PM
RE: down with the hammer - by Sacre - 10-10-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: down with the hammer - by Albrecht - 10-10-2016, 06:27 PM
RE: down with the hammer - by Talbot - 10-11-2016, 01:13 AM
RE: down with the hammer - by Sacre - 10-11-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: down with the hammer - by Albrecht - 10-12-2016, 04:15 PM