the Rift

[PRIVATE] everybody wants to rule the world [SPARK]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

Trust.

What a funny word, it is. As a child, I’d given it away as easily as it seemed I’d been given it, but, slowly, Time’s river had gnawed away the edges of that bond between others, and left it frayed, and weary. I figured, from observation and conversation, mostly, that others, too, had felt their sturdy towers shudder beneath loss, and pain, and had become all the more secluded for it, as I had. Fewer of them, still, had felt treachery shake their foundations, but they all knew its name. They all feared the searing touch of its blade.

Did I trust the God of the Spark?

Somewhat, I suppose. He had been an ever present figure of my life, even dwelling in my thoughts while I served the First Gods in their sacred wood. Helovia had mostly lanced those notions out of my head, faith easy to forget in the absence of its truth. Here, there was no Star Pool, no Vaelenne, and her endless wisdom. Here, in Helovia, I had only the Four’s shrines, and the lightning-eyes of Time, piercing through my soul.

Smiling, because the God is at last smiling, the heavy beats of my heart ease into a more comfortable pace, now that his glower is tucked away, behind that grin. Taking the stone her proffers me, feeling its rough edges against my soft lips, my smile falling away around the odd shape as he speaks of helplessness.

What the literal no? I don’t want to do that at all!

You gonna make him mad again, calmly, logically, asserts Duir. Dropping the stone at my hooves, I glumly return my eyes to the God, swallowing down all my protests (though, surely, they linger in my expression). However, my smile flickers back to life at his conclusive joke, and my own, long tail dances with slow arcs behind me, a low dip of my crown given the deity.

"Of course not," I say, nodding, as if the gesture adds validity to my mortal promise (ha, what are those to Gods, anyway?), "I will be swift. Thank you, Lord Time, for the opportunity."

Or die trying to be swift, anyway, if certain people get a hold of this thing... I think, bowing a formal farewell to the divine, and picking up the blue stone in the gesture.

’cause we need a little controversy

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: everybody wants to rule the world [SPARK] - by Rikyn - 11-16-2016, 08:55 AM