the Rift

Missing In Action

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki
V E S P E R
"In a sky full of stars, I think I see you."

The Edge was nothing like the Basin. I was pretty indifferent to the change of scenery, being with Papa and Virga was a hundred times more important in the grand scheme of things. I wished that Mama could be with us too, but I understood why she had been called away.  But exploring this place seemed special, somehow, after Papa explained about his Mama. I still didn’t understand all the intricacies of how Gods and politics worked (did anyone ever really understand?), but I definitely wanted to learn. 

So when Papa said that he was going to a meeting, I’d made up my mind to go with him before he’d gotten all of the words out of his mouth. “No no!” I muttered, hurriedly, “I wanna come with. I want to learn and meet people! And I’ll stay close - I promise!” As if to illustrate my point I pressed myself against Papa’s side, keeping him between myself and the cliffs.  I stayed particularly close to Papa the man who I knew was the King and a mare who I assumed was the Queen spoke to the group.  I didn’t recognize any of the names, which was unsurprising all things considered, but that didn’t mean that I wasn’t concerned.  And I felt better about wanting to help because there were others here that were young too.

Before I could speak there was a small commotion and a flurry of movement and I think that was Uncle Ros who left in a hurry, so either she was super worried or had some really good hiding places she had to check ASAP.  I blinked a few times before turning back to the little crowd that had gathered. 

“We can help you go look for them! I’m good at finding things!” I offer, maybe a little to eagerly, but I really do want to help. Everly and I have found lots of things...maybe not always things we’ve been looking for but we always manage to find something. This was obviously important. I couldn’t imagine losing Papa or Virga, and it was very clear that those missing meant just as much to the elephant man and the painted lady and the others as Papa and Virga meant to me.  That thought sent a cold shiver up my spine. 

And made me all the more determined to help. 

Papa was smart to try to narrow down the search area a little bit, which was probably a good idea because I knew he knew what all the places in Helovia were called. He had already shown me and Virga so much of it he could definitely help find the Elephant man’s son. 

But then there’s another voice and the words are confusing and it sounds like someone is here that shouldn’t be, so I peek around Papa’s side to see who the offender is.  And I’m shocked to see that a white mare is talking about Papa.  Confusion fills my head and clouds all the relevant current events - this is now all my mind is focused on.  Why would this mare be afraid of Papa and want us to leave the home where Grandmama Moon lives?  As per usual, my mouth moves just as fast as thoughts unraveling in my head. 

“But...why wouldn’t we be here?” I substitute we for he here because everyone should know that Papa, Virga, and I are a package deal, “His Mama lives here, and now we do too!” I say, confidently, with a little nod of my head, pleased with my answer.  

image credit

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
Missing In Action - by Alysanne - 10-11-2016, 02:20 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Tembovu - 10-12-2016, 10:13 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Roskuld - 10-12-2016, 10:41 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Kiada - 10-12-2016, 11:13 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Maude - 10-13-2016, 11:09 AM
RE: Missing In Action - by Mesec - 10-13-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Erthë - 10-13-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Vesper - 10-13-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Iona - 10-13-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: Missing In Action - by Sansa - 10-16-2016, 01:58 AM