the Rift

[OPEN] bait with honeysuckle catch with smiles [Howl Capture]

Howl Posts: 14
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4
Sen
Howl watched with astounded eyes as Sorcha bounded away from the pale mare with all the grace and agility of a squirrel. What a strange and lovely creature the winged lizard was; he wondered where he could acquire one. Companions were rare from where he hailed, usually restricted to small songbirds or perhaps a stray cat here and there. In his limited wanderings throughout Helovia, however, Howl had observed many of its residents bonded with all sorts of beasts large and small—scaled, feathered and furred, all keen-eyed and devoted to their masters. What would it be like to never be lonely? On one hand, Howl appreciated the silence of isolation and the freedom of thought it granted him, but on another hand, he longed for the warmth only another living creature could offer. He had half a mind to ask Aisling about her experiences, but quickly decided against it.

A wistful look crossed her face, lovely as a passing cloud, one that perhaps recalled a lifetime's worth of adventures. Howl smiled in response, his ears leaning towards her as she described the her home, lying just beyond the mountains they stood under. She mentioned the variety of jobs he could potentially hold—warrior struck a particular chord somewhere in his soul, causing an odd glint to flickers in his golden eyes. Hadn't it been a childhood dream of his to become a knight bedecked in glistening armor? Of course, time had dulled his boyish edges, and life had instilled in him an appreciation for peaceful activities, but the thought of being a warrior still made some part of him thrum with excitement.

The grey considered her offer for a moment, weighing his options with much care. Choosing a home was no light task; if he committed to a herd, it was with every intention of staying. Howl viewed turncoats as the lowest a creature could be without needlessly slaying someone, and vowed to never become one. The tip of his tail twitched in contemplation—he regarded the pale sorceress with a kind eye. "I greatly appreciate your offer," he began, watching her seriously, "but I must consider it further." At this point, the grey offered her an amicable smile. He paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts. "I am afraid my exploratory days are not yet done, but if, come the first snow, I find myself in need of a home, I will think of you and the Basin." I know you will understand.

My sandpaper sigh engraves a line into the rust of your tongue

[Sorry again for the terrible wait! I almost forgot about this thread. :x If you want, we can end here?]

@Aisling
[Image: FjjyuiY.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: bait with honeysuckle catch with smiles [Howl Capture] - by Howl - 11-20-2016, 04:31 PM