the Rift

[OPEN] Marco!! ____!!

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

There were gonna be a few conversations after this.

Like, for one thing, why I had dropped everything and everyone and left them all in the dust at the slightest implication of something bad happening to Lee.

Including Chico.

And he had a lot of feelings about that, man. He wasn’t trying to hide them either. They were stacking behind my eyes and neither of us knew what to do with them or even what they were exactly. Was it hurt? Anger? Confusion? Was it the fact that I had left him there on there on the ground with a quickness that was sticking in his mind? Was it the fact that I hadn’t even said a word to the others about where I was going, even though they were probably just as worried, that was setting him off? Was it the fact that I was feeling this much panic, this much worry for Lee--someone who I didn’t even know apparently, someone I had less of a claim on than anyone else who resided in that place, those who were his former subjects--even though it made no sense, even though it was a raw, scary feeling in my breast that could very, very easily lodge its blade into one of my thickest arteries?

I could say I had expected Chico to keep up, that I hadn’t realized he had fallen behind--but it was half a lie and I’m not that kind of an asshole to twist the story like that. The truth was that I wasn’t paying attention at all in the turmoil of my thoughts, which rested on the place where I had found Lee so long ago, beaten and falling apart, even though apparently he had had a lot more falling apart to do. It was gonna be far and it was gonna be cold and it was gonna suck but if there’s one thing I’ve learned in my time alive, it’s that large moody men like wallowing and brooding up in the frozen north and it was an easy place for a ghost like Lee to get caught up in.

Chico didn’t follow immediately; he made sure that there were others who would accompany me up there to help search, because I hadn’t said anything before I left, of any ideas or leads or whatever that could help search for the dude. I was willing to leave them in the worried dark with my frantic fear and Chico was the only one sound enough to communicate the message and save them all a little bit more sleep at night.

It was really, really shocking to learn how selfish I actually am, to be honest.

The feelings rumbling in my blood were vague and pooling into a momentum that I wouldn’t be able to escape here soon in the near future. But they were weak enough against the onslaught of my hammering heart, of my shattered thoughts as I raced to a place where the hills were made of snow and the mountains were built from snow. LEE, I call out, his name blowing from my maw in an explosion of white cloud, LEE?!” I’d never actually looked for him before--he had always just…appeared out of the snowdrifts, his body one with the treacherous purity of the ice that frosted the horizon. I couldn’t just wait for him to appear this time, though. I had to call out his name for him, listen for his response, a call for help somewhere, anything other than the sight of a...of a body that would just appear out of the snowdrifts that was just as cold as the ice that coated it.

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

Feel free to PP Chico doing his thing! Also don't be afraid to scold her/judge her/chew her out c:

@Tembovu @Mauja @Anyone else part of the search party!

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Marco!! ____!! - by Roskuld - 10-12-2016, 11:16 PM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Mesec - 10-13-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Mauja - 10-16-2016, 08:19 AM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Tilney - 10-20-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Roskuld - 10-22-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Tembovu - 10-22-2016, 11:45 PM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Erthë - 10-23-2016, 03:03 AM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Mesec - 10-23-2016, 09:53 AM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Mauja - 10-23-2016, 10:45 AM
RE: Marco!! ____!! - by Tilney - 10-23-2016, 01:50 PM