the Rift

[PRIVATE] be prepared

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Rikyn

While fall steals the leaves from every other forest in Helovia, the ancient boughs in the Deep Forest seem to be more stubbornly clinging to their holds. Weaving among the massive trunks, I’m looking more at my hooves than the path ahead, only occasionally glancing up to make sure the way is clear. The rest of my attention is given to remaining silent in this treacherous footing.

Between the entangling, treacherous roots, discarded branches, and frail, crisp leaves, the cards were stacked against those trying to slip unheard through this forest. Having accepted the challenge heartily, I move slowly through the dim light towards the red pool at the forest’s heart, pausing entirely when the sound of someone else nearby catches my attention.

My buck and I both stop, his strange magic making him blend into the dark colors about us, so that he is all but invisible. If he can make me so, he doesn’t bother – I guess figuring that I’d rather fight whatever it is, anyway.

You betcha, he answers, his mental laughter chiming through my head. I don’t always prefer a fight, and he knows it; today, for instance, I’m more interested in company over a scuffle, but I don’t bother to defend myself. Scowling as I peer through the trees, I recognize the stranger glimpses through the tall trunks. When I move through the foliage towards her, Duir remains where he is, not having forgotten the threats that had been made against him the last time we’d run into this particular mare.

"Mordecai," I calmly remark to her, more forgiving, in this instance, than my companion. Proud of myself for remembering her name right off the bat this time, and even more proud for managing to keep contempt from flickering across my face as I look at her ivory and ink wings. As if we hadn’t spent our entire last meeting threatening to kill each other, I sidle up alongside her, figuring, in retrospect, that I might not be the only overly moody asshole in Helovia, after all, stopping just before my hooves slip into her drinking water. She wasn’t anywhere near as obnoxious as Erthë managed to somehow be, anyway; maybe because she didn’t ask stupid questions, and hadn’t put up with my bullshit, either. Looking over at her with a signature, rogue’s smile, my tail casually sways behind me. "Maybe we can not threaten to kill each other today, yeah?"

Coding by Tamme - Image by Dingo

@Mordecai

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
be prepared - by Mordecai - 10-13-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: be prepared - by Rikyn - 10-13-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: be prepared - by Mordecai - 10-17-2016, 08:55 PM
RE: be prepared - by Rikyn - 10-20-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: be prepared - by Mordecai - 10-25-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: be prepared - by Rikyn - 10-27-2016, 10:04 AM
RE: be prepared - by Mordecai - 11-08-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: be prepared - by Rikyn - 11-11-2016, 09:13 AM