the Rift

[OPEN] old pine

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

It wasn't a complicated task, sifting through each deduction of Ultimas stance and countenance, every word she spoke until eventually calculating what she might be feeling. Tilney could usually tell when there was something on the swans mind, when she was anxious or when she might rather say no but say yes out of politeness.
On others it could be impossible, but with the lady Ultima it wasn't difficult to notice her shifting like disturbed bubbles or her papercut smile.

"Is something upsetting you Alph?" Tilney tilted his cranium, green eyes surveying her own glimmering pair. He gazed at her only with concern and he wished very little to pry - it would bother him however if she were to promise him that she was fine or that nothing caused her smile to tremble or her eyes to wildly dance.

Recalling an earlier query of hers, Tilney finally gave a reply on the subject on Maude and how she was.
"She has grown, made lots of little friends" His timid smile grew wider when he spoke of the one who brought him joy daily; It was just a shame he couldn't bottle it and sip it when he felt as low as he often did these days. He loved that pearl more than he had loved anything.
"She misses you of course... and her mother" And that was virtually his limit on that subject, in fact he had no real clue on how he could tell Ultima that his closest friend, lover and the mother of his daughter had disappeared. Vanished with Tallsuns heat she had, as if she had simply evaporated.

Finally the little swan told him of where she had actually been; The Hidden Falls. His brow now furling and growing more inquisitive, Tilney looked directly at the mare. What on earth would she want with the Hidden Falls?
They're Rebuilding.
"I heard" the chestnut quickly responded. They had been heavily recruiting, he knew that much as well. The idea that Ultima, his Alph, could be leaving didn't begin to cross his mind. However in the very pit of his stomach he felt a tightness; a twinge of jealousy towards the Falls for even having her there?
No; it was because he felt a sneaking suspicion that she was dissolving before his eyes like he was stood watching the wind sweep her way bit by bit like a sand dune. He could feel her slipping away somehow. Was this why she spoke to him differently? Had she come to him sheepishly pressing her face against a window as a stranger rather than stepping in freely to greet him as a friend?

Have you ever been?
The physicians eyes daren't leave hers; he felt her going already. With a beat of her wings she could be off somewhere else, somewhere new.
"It was once my home" He replied cooly "I lived there under Midas the Gallants reign and there begun my healing studies. He died, and so my path lead elsewhere."

araxel

@Ultima

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Messages In This Thread
old pine - by Ultima - 10-13-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: old pine - by Tilney - 10-15-2016, 08:15 AM
RE: old pine - by Ultima - 10-19-2016, 05:22 PM
RE: old pine - by Tilney - 10-20-2016, 01:04 PM
RE: old pine - by Ultima - 10-22-2016, 09:27 PM
RE: old pine - by Tilney - 10-23-2016, 12:28 AM