the Rift

[OPEN] dizzy on dreams

Ultima Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 4
Snapdragon :: Turkish Andora Cat :: None Kairi

Snapdragon. Snapdragon! Oh my— Don’t be such a spoilsport! I’m not going to fall off the mountain, I just want to get a better look at the sky, goodness— And besides, I’ve got wings, two pairs, even— If I do fall off, I’ll just—”

If anyone wanted to know what the kitten’s problem was, it was threefold. One: They were in an unfamiliar place, and they’d successfully wandered off from the other Edgers they had come to the festival with. Two: The fireworks had frightened him. Terribly. And three: Now his charge was gallivanting off on her own to go look at the sky, of all things. They had a rather good view of it from where they were, he thought, but Ultima, as she was wont to do, begged to differ; from the top of that precarious-looking outcropping, they’d be able to see the aurora to its full extent, and she could not be convinced otherwise. 

“—and furthermore, objectively, the sky is higher than this cliff. Have you already forgotten that we flew here? Snapdragon!”

He strummed their bond like a guitar, and Ultima didn’t much care for the resulting music. The girl sucked her teeth, lips pursed something fierce as she clambered up a sizeable rock. If I ignore him, he’ll have to stop eventually, she thought, gauging the distance to the next stepping stone. But glancing back from his perch on her withers, Snapdragon could see the fortune teller’s bonfires glowing like the points of matches, and his yammering only increased in volume. As far as she was concerned, this entire festival thing was the worst experience of his very young life.

Ultima’s opinion: “You are such a worrywart! Oh my God (and may He Dream forever, blissfully deaf to all of this yowling), I could just—”

Silence. Whatever she was going to say, it died promptly on the tip of her tongue. Even Snapdragon’s keening had tapered to a close.

Up above them, the sky was a black iris, run through with the most vivid green vein of winding, pulsing, light. Breath fogging, both pairs of big gold eyes followed it from end to end, tracing the separate threads, marveling at the way they left ghostly trails in the dark.

“There, see?” Quietly, as if not to disturb the night. “It’s like a river, isn't it?”

even if we're just dancing in the dark!
art by mockingale!

@bathsheba goofy and a lil messy but!!! a start!! hopefully this enough to go off of! xo
set during the festival!
please tag ultima in all posts!
force/magic a-ok, shy of killing/maiming her!

Messages In This Thread
dizzy on dreams - by Ultima - 10-14-2016, 12:28 AM
RE: dizzy on dreams - by Bathsheba - 10-15-2016, 08:45 AM