the Rift

[PRIVATE] We Make the Same Mistakes

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
I waited here tonight for you to come, but your love just disappeared. I'm waiting in the dark for miracles, but miracles don't happen here.
I.... I really couldn't believe it. I had spent so much time waiting for Dragomir. I'd waited in our meadow for him to show up and I'd waited on the shores near the Dragon's Throat for him, but he'd never shown up. Then I started looking for him and I'd searched everywhere that I could think. I'd gone back over the places that we'd visited -- our meadow where we'd picked flowers, the beach ... everywhere and I hadn't found hide nor hair of him and so I'd given up and I'd finally moved on. And ... there he was, walking right back into my life when I wasn't even looking for him anymore. I didn't know what to say or what to think. My emotions just ricocheted around from happy, to angy, to sad, to relieved, over and over again.

My mouth opened like I was going to say something then it closed again when he said my name. I didn't want my heart to lurch the way that it did, and I wanted to look away from him to compose myself, but I was scared. What if I did and when I turned back he was gone again? 

"i'm sorry." He said, and his smile began to chip away, taking with it pieces of my already fractured heart. My gaze fell to his hooves because I couldn't keep looking at his face and the expression that he wore. I wondered if it was hurt that I was seen on his face because reunions were generally emotional and painful. Then I wondered if it had been betrayal that I'd spotted because I was pregnant and he'd noticed it. I couldn't apologize, though. I wouldn't. I'd loved Rhoa and I would not regret the short time that I'd spent with him.

"I missed you, though."

"Drago...." I forced myselt to look up once more, to meet his gaze instead of continuing to be weak and stare at the ground. "Where did you go? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. "I waited for you..." Until I'd given up under the assumption that he wasn't coming back. "I looked for you everywhere.... I was so worried that something happened to you and ... and when you didn't come back I thought that something had. I worried that you were hurt somewhere and I couldn't get to you to help... or that you were lying dead somewhere and ... and ..." ...you really hurt me.

I bit back those words because I didn't want this to turn into a fight, and said "I'm glad you're back, Drago. I missed you, too."

"."

image credits

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 10-14-2016, 08:18 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Ranjiri - 10-16-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 10-17-2016, 11:24 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Ranjiri - 10-18-2016, 11:56 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 10-21-2016, 09:51 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Ranjiri - 10-25-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 11-04-2016, 09:19 AM