the Rift

[PRIVATE] We Make the Same Mistakes

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
I waited here tonight for you to come, but your love just disappeared. I'm waiting in the dark for miracles, but miracles don't happen here.
"My mother died."

His words hit me squarely in the gut and my mouth hung open for a moment before it snapped shut with an audible click of my teeth. It took the wind right out of my sails, the cacophony of emotions that had been swirling around relentlessly inside of me settled quite suddenly. "Drago... I..." But I couldn't say that I was sorry for his loss because sorry was never seemed good enough. I think the only one sorry ever made feel better was the one that uttered the words because they had nothing better to say. I could see the tears welling in his eyes and it made my hear ache that he had to feel that pain. "What happened?" I asked right as he began to tell me that she'd been ill when Szello and Vihar had come to get him.

"Oh, Drago." I said softly as I stepped closer. My own pain was forgotten in the face of Dragomir's and I wished that there was something that I could do to help him. I knew the hollow ache that came with losing a loved one all too well. "I would have gone with you." I murmured. "So you wouldn't have to face this alone." Because if I knew anything about Dragomir, it was that even with his family around he'd likely bottled his pain up and kept to himself.

"She was dying, from the inside."

He was fumbling for words, like he was searching for the right ones to describe what he'd seen and I stayed quiet to allow him time to, but I couldn't imagine what was worse. Seeing a loved one taken from you suddenly and violently or watching them slowly fade away until nothing was left but a shell of who they once were. I reached to press my muzzle against Drago's cheek to offer what comfort I could. "It's good that you went to see her." I think he would have regretted it for the rest of his life if he hadn't. I just wished that I had been able to meet his mother before she'd passed, because everything I'd heard about her made her sound like an amazing woman.

I stepped back, even though all I really wanted to do right then was wrap my wings around Dragomir and hold him until he felt better. The tears that I'd seen shining in his eyes finally began to roll down his cheek, but he changed the subject to my living in the Falls. "Yeah." I said. "I moved here to be closer to my family. My mom lives here, and my brother is around somewhere, and...." My voice trailed when he said that my dad would like that I was here. A faint smile made the corners of my mouth pull up and I nodded. "I guess he would, wouldn't he?" I was quiet for a moment as I thought about what my dad would think about my promotion to Czarina. "The uhm ... the God of the Earth asked me to be Czarina." I said, pausing long enough to take in whatever look Drago would give me at the news. "Do you want to stay here?" with me.

"."

image credits

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 10-14-2016, 08:18 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Ranjiri - 10-16-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 10-17-2016, 11:24 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Ranjiri - 10-18-2016, 11:56 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 10-21-2016, 09:51 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Ranjiri - 10-25-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 11-04-2016, 09:19 AM