the Rift

[PRIVATE] We Make the Same Mistakes

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
I waited here tonight for you to come, but your love just disappeared. I'm waiting in the dark for miracles, but miracles don't happen here.
I could see Drago withdrawing into himself as he thought about something that I knew he probably wasn't going to share with me. Of course I wanted to know what it was that had made him get so quiet and look so contemplative, but I decided that if he wanted to tell me that he would. I knew from experience that being forced to give information, or to talk about something you didn't want to didn't feel all that great. I remebered Cera forcing me to tell him what was wrong when Midas had died. I remembered how I had resisted, how I'd felt when I'd finally uttered the words, and I remembered his reaction. So I supposed it was possible that there was something that Drago was trying to protect me from.

When he lowered his head to rub his cheek against his leg I took the chance to take a step back to give him back a little bit of his personal space. "I know it's hard to talk about it, Drago." I murmured. "But whenever you want to, I'm here." And that was all the pressing that I would do about his mother's death and whatever else was bothering him. I just hoped that one day he would take me up on my offer instead of silently suffering.

Our conversation moved in a much more pleasant direction and I smiled at his surprise at my promotion. "I didn't even think he knew who I was." I admitted, and it still shocked me that, out of everyone, he would choose me. "I just hope that I make him proud... and everyone else. I've never done this kind of thing before." And sometimes when I thought about it, it was absolutely terrifying. I just needed to have faith in myself and try my hardest to do right by the herd and the Earth God.

His indecision when I asked him if he wanted to stay in the Falls was ... concerning. I frowned, my head tilting as I regarded him. "You're not bothersome." I said, frowning. "Why would you...." Oh. Oh. I caught myself halway through my question and I was baffled at myself at how I could have been so stupid and blind. There I was, very obviously pregnant, asking Drago to stay in the Falls after he'd disappeared and come back. 

...he had to think that I'd moved on, and I had, but I'd been left behind again.  Only ... Rhoa couldn't come back.

"Oh." I said numbly, suddenly sinking back down into my own pool of despair. "He..." I turned my head, my teeth clenching together so tightly that it made my jaw ache. I knew that I didn't have to explain anything at all to Drago, but...

"He died." I murmured. "Something in the forest killed him." So no, you don't have to worry about being bothersome to Rhoa. Tears stung my eyes and I copied Dragomir's earlier movment and wiped my face against my foreleg. "I want you to stay." I said once I had somewhat regained my composure. "If you want to." I threw in after, but he already seemed to accept the idea. "Would you like to be a Mason?"

"."

image credits

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 10-14-2016, 08:18 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Ranjiri - 10-16-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 10-17-2016, 11:24 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Ranjiri - 10-18-2016, 11:56 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 10-21-2016, 09:51 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Ranjiri - 10-25-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: We Make the Same Mistakes - by Dragomir - 11-04-2016, 09:19 AM