the Rift

Sweet Silence [open]

Revenant Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

REVENANT
i'm waking up i feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems grow

Beautiful were the frost-covered trees – crystals upon green that shimmered quaintly beneath the early morning sun. Bedroom eyes swayed to and fro around his surroundings as Revenant inhaled deeply. Frigid air punched down his throat, nestled chokingly in his lungs, and sent a shiver galloping down the length of his spine. He’d never been blessed with a thick winter coat but rather remained sleek through out all seasons. He’d been told it looked pretty… but he found the impracticality of it all bothersome. Perhaps he was beautiful? He was cut from obsidian, hard angled, and chiseled. His neck was long, his face symmetrical and peculiarly marked with wispy ivory strips. His eyes were mysterious and pale – enchanting in their mystery, so apathetic he was a constant enigma. He stood on long sturdy legs and walked with a gallant purposeful stride even if he didn’t know where he was going. Yes, to the certain beholder he could be considered quite lovely…

But beauty mattered little to him. It was a trivial thing… and a curse.

Atalanta had been beautiful… and she had been salacious. Her spectacle was alluring, inviting, and she’d snared him with a sidelong glance from her venomous green eyes. They were eyes that he once would have called potent… but he knew now they were poison, poison that slowly drained your will away from you and rendered you under a devilish greedy spell. It was beauty that gave her the confidence and the gall to play the part of a cruel bitch. It was beauty that had enraptured the noble that had beckoned her into his arms – away from Revenant. ’Away from me.’

Was it beauty that had forced her hand upon their child?

No. That was malice and selfishness. Those were two things that Revenant never wished to yield within himself. It took him some time to snap from his reverie, to truly witness the atmosphere he’d encountered: a blood red pool (but was it blood?) encased in a small clearing in the thickets. He tested the air and couldn’t detect the tang of rust, of salt, and horror that was blood… so was this a natural wonder? He sauntered closer; his ears attuned to his newest fascination, and peered into the crimson water expectantly. His reflection stared back at him, tired looking, nonchalant despite his interest. It was then he noticed the gems lining the bottom of the pool – rich, ruby, and a little eerie. ”Treasures.” He said hollowly – things of little value to him. They were cold inanimate objects… even if they weren’t a dime a dozen.

A gem was just a glorified rock.

Messages In This Thread
Sweet Silence [open] - by Revenant - 10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
RE: Sweet Silence [open] - by Svetlana - 10-25-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: Sweet Silence [open] - by Revenant - 10-25-2012, 05:39 PM
RE: Sweet Silence [open] - by Svetlana - 10-25-2012, 07:35 PM
RE: Sweet Silence [open] - by Cassiopeia - 10-26-2012, 02:05 PM
RE: Sweet Silence [open] - by Revenant - 10-28-2012, 11:10 PM
RE: Sweet Silence [open] - by Svetlana - 11-01-2012, 01:06 PM