the Rift

[PRIVATE] Going on a Field Trip

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

The first thing I heard was the scream, chiliing and blood curdling, and painful. It was followed by the howl of a wolf and the trumpeting of a stallion. I was in no shape to help anyone in a fight, but I couldn't just ignore that someone was in trouble, so I walked in the direction that the ruckus was coming from. The danger had already passed by the time that I arrived and all that was left was a stallion, a young foal, and ... the body of the filly's mother.

....Amani.

"Oh, Amani." I whispered sadly. It hadn't been too long since I'd seen her in the Throat and I'd wanted to go back to visit her after I'd finally given birth, but ... 

I sighed wearily, my eyes closing. I would have to tell Cera when I saw him again.

I moved past the stallion and his daughter (I assumed) and I stood next to Amani's body. My head dipped down and I gently plucked two feathers from Amani's wing - one for myself and one for her daughter. I had been gathering too many feathers from the dead that I cared about lately. Gaucho, Rhoa, and now Amani. It was too much. I thought that it would be a better idea to give the feather to the child once she was a little older so I turned and tucked the two I had taken into my wing for safe keeping.

"We can't leave her like this." I said to the stallion who was murmuring to his daughter. "We can't just ... just leave her." I couldn't let my friend's body be picked about by wolves and scavengers. She deserved some dignity. A proper burial. I looked to the stallion. "Can you make fire?"

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Hector @Farah

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Going on a Field Trip - by Amani - 10-15-2016, 05:53 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Farah - 10-15-2016, 06:05 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by NPC - 10-15-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Farah - 10-15-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: Going on a Field Trip - by Hector - 10-17-2016, 06:05 PM