the Rift

[OPEN] Home Is Where The Heart Is

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Ah, that kind of family. When Sacre thought about it, he too liked the idea of having a family, his own family, a scattering of mini versions of himself. If they all inherited his curious nature, Sacre was almost certain he’d hardly ever see them for they’d be out wandering the world, but that would only make him happy. It was that, the wandering, that had made Sacre who he was and helped him to meet so many others, others he would later call friends. Quickly he had been out of the clutches of his mad father, with death robbing him of his mother and Roux nowhere to be seen, the kindness of strangers was all the fox-boy had to rely on. He surrounded himself with a made up family of horses he met on the road and in herds, finding them just as reliable as those who were related to him by blood. Perhaps he had done all this in spite, in purposeful irony of his father, to make sure there was no opportunity for him to turn into the Nightshade. If he could turn into anyone, it would be Kou, his mother, he missed her gentle touch and her mother's wisdom. The cogs in his head turned as he thought about it and he wondered why Anzanie thought she would never have a family for Sacre was certain, with her beauty, she could have lines of stallions here on this beach if she wanted. Perhaps there was one whom she liked.

"Lies" he said, humorously, in response to her instance that he was in some way intelligent, if he had hands he would have put them over his ears. Mauja, the old scoundrel, was the only reason he was in the Edge and in the position he was now. Otherwise, he'd had been swayed by the allure of Nymeria back to the Falls. His lips pulled into a gentle grin, however, as he regarded the painted girl closely, his eyes trying to pierce into hers "you have a beautiful heart Anzanie. I am sure you will have a family of your own" how could she not, in the moonlit scenery and the sounds of the lapping ocean, even Sacre's heart was moved by her.

Their conversation encompassed many areas, all that allowed the fox-boy to know a little more about Anzanie and their shared love of creation. Sacre might not be a crafter anymore, but he had enjoyed it. Spurred by her question he opened up a little more about himself, thinking back to his time in the Dragons Throat with fondness, he had never really been attached to it, but he had been happy there for a time "hot" he laughed. So goddamn hot. "I enjoyed living there, I had a few friends, the sense of family was much greater, it seemed to me, than it is in the Edge" at least, from Sacre's own opinion, he had never known Gaucho more than a grunt here and there, but the Wildfire appeared to inspire close kinship within his herd. 

So, why did Sacre leave? 

For a moment, he didn't know how to explain it. It was convoluted and painful. Yet, he felt inspired to tell her, poor Anzanie, of the tragedy and demise of his family that spurred him away from the desert land. "During one of the Rift battles, my elder sister was killed" he began, his gaze looking out upon the moonlit sea, "my father was also there and, in despair, he left Helovia and I followed him" he frowned, almost like he was criticising his past self. "I didn't know what else to do, returning home didn't feel right, how can I go back to living normally when my sister wasn't even alive" that's how he had felt at the time. The brief period outside of Helovia had given Sacre time to think, to talk to his father for once and to understand the driving forces behind him. d'Artagnan had convinced Sacre that he had other family, that he had to protect, he had a twin brother who might need him one day.

"I returned back here not long after, but I couldn't bring myself to travel south, to explain to them why I left, to go over the tragedy again, but I also needed to find Roux, my twin brother" he paused, sheepishly grinning "Mauja convinced me to go back to the Edge with him in the Threshold" then he shrugged, it was a brief summary of his distressing tale, but he would answer her questions if she had any more. "So here I am, a Nurse serving the Moon, still looking for my missing brother and telling my sad tale to pretty mares on the beach" he laughed, his face twisting into one of apology. 

This time it was Anzanie's turn to lighten his heart and he laughed when she pushed at his shoulder, turning to gaze at her as she thanked him and Sacre shook his head. "You can come find me anytime, I can talk for hours if you want" he winked, feeling sure she probably wouldn't want him chattering on for hours on end, which he was quite capable of doing, if given the opportunity. 

The fox-boy liked her analogies around crafting, the mare really did seem to enjoy what she did and he thought about the differences between crafting and healing. He had no magic to heal as appose to his magic to craft "it felt almost miraculous, when I was crafting, to just create something with a God gifted power" his expression shifted into thought "though my lack of magic when it comes to healing makes me feel more helpless. Crafting was a lot less stressful, I can't watch horses spar anymore without thinking of all the injuries they might incur" he laughed.
there's something tragic about you
something so magic about you

image credits

@Anzanie <333 word vomits on. Sorry it's so long D: he kept rambling

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Home Is Where The Heart Is - by Anzanie - 10-18-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: Home Is Where The Heart Is - by Sacre - 10-20-2016, 06:58 PM
RE: Home Is Where The Heart Is - by Anzanie - 10-21-2016, 04:29 AM