the Rift

[PRIVATE] We wither beneath our burdens

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable
Soon it would all wear off. Eventually the mass dissipated, and I moved off on my own. I traversed the beach, kicking sand, my mind twisting and turning over these newest events. This was the biggest thing to happen to me in my time. Someone had come out of the ocean. I mean, maybe I shouldn't be that surprised. According to mom a lot more had happened when she was young. The murders of the moon goddess, using Gaucho the Wildfire, and then there was the war between the hidden falls and the aurora basin, and with it the fall of the Czar Midas. My grandmother had been part of those. She had helped find out who was behind the murders, and she had fought in that war. And then, well there was the rift wars, which brought the fighting of new gods and new lands.... All had happened before me. Now this... This seemed so calm compared to the stories my mother told me... Unless it would all change. I slow to a halt, looking out into the ocean, blue eyes gleaming in imagined valor and adventure... What was out there? What would I see in my life?

I guess I shouldn't be thinking all about what will I see? I had already traveled far... And I had seen death in a most bloody of forms with my dad. I shivered as the thought hit me, and my wings lowered into the sand. Why did it have to happen? Why did I have to lose him? It wasn't like I already felt like a part of me was always missing, and to lose dad just.... I felt like so much of my identity was gone. I didn't get to spend the time I wanted to with him. I never got to hear the stories of him and his family... I never got to hear any of it. It was all lost. Buried with him in his grave of moss and leaves....

And all of it came crashing down. The fantasies, and the daydreams, everything that had happened today came crashing down around me and I was down. A sob ripped at my throat, and steam rose in great whisps from my coat. It was all to much for me to handle. I was so young, and I had lost so great of things. I wanted my mother, but she wasn't here either. She wasn't ever here...

Somehow, I had become completely alone in this world.
"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes:
[color=#000000][size=x-small][font=monospace]

@Ranjiri