the Rift

[PRIVATE] We wither beneath our burdens

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Cause all the walls of dreaming, they were torn wide open
I didn't know what to say to the 'God' that had appeared nad requested our aid, I didn't want to promise my help and I didn't want to deny it, so I had chosen to remain silent. When the creature disappeared back into the ocean the crowd began to dissipate almost as quickly as it had gathered. I stayed for a few minutes to talk to Sacre and catch up on what was going on in our lives, then I turned to leave. Immediately I stopped because I saw Kvasir right away walking down the beach. I couldn't see his face, but I could tell by his body language that he was unhappy -- and why shouldn't he be after his father's death?

...where was his mother?

I bid Sacre farewell and I walked toward the boy, who was kicking at sand as he walked. I could imagine what he was feeling, I hadn't been much older than him when I'd watched my own father die. I remembered the feeling of hopelessness, like nothing would ever be right in the world again. But I'd had Gaucho and Cera and ... I wondered if he had anyone to help him. "Kvasir..." I said his name as I walked waddled closer. I hoped that hearing his name would be enough to make him stop and wait for me.

Broaching a subject like death was always difficult, it was hard to figure out where to start and what to say. 'I'm sorry for your loss' never seemed adequate and always felt like it lacked any meaning behind it. 'I'll get better' never seemed to help, either and was also generic and insincere. I sighed softly and regarded the boy ... Rhoa's son. "I was only a little bit older than you when I lost my father." I said, because speaking from personal experience seemed to be the most sincere thing that I could do. "I know how it feels. Like there's a hole in your heart. Like part of your future was taken away from you... and I know that it doesn't feel like it now but it does get easier, especially if you have someone to help you through." I was silent for a moment as I studied his face. "Do you have someone you can talk to?"

"."

image credits

@Kvasir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
We wither beneath our burdens - by Kvasir - 10-18-2016, 02:38 PM
RE: We wither beneath our burdens - by Ranjiri - 10-18-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: We wither beneath our burdens - by Kvasir - 10-18-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: We wither beneath our burdens - by Ranjiri - 10-21-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: We wither beneath our burdens - by Kvasir - 11-02-2016, 11:40 PM