the Rift

[PRIVATE] We wither beneath our burdens

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable

Her words strike a chord in my young heart. Sniffling softly I listen, my face leaning into her muzzle as she wiped tears away. I watched, and listened, hiccuping a few times as I tried to calm myself. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath, trying to cal myself, and to retain the wise words she was giving to me. She knew the pain, and she had lost. I was experiencing my first conscious loss. I felt the loss of Vidar everyday. I was half, and the other was gone, but it was different because I didn't know. This was harder. I was close. He was my father. I wasn't supposed to lose him yet, if ever.

No, I knew someday I would lose him. It just wasn't supposed to be so soon. And Ranjiri was right. I did wonder why him? Why not someone else? Maybe I was meant to take this blow. It could have been another's father. Maybe another wasn't ready to carry that burden, but I was. As much as I didn't want to be. As much as I didn't feel ready. Even though the pain in my heart felt like it would never ease, fate had decided it was my time to carry the pain of losing a parent.

Ranjiri was receptive to my need for physical contact, for the need to be comforted by the touch of another. The touch of someone like her. Her wings opened, and I snuggled close against her frame, steam rising lazily from my body, only to build up under her own wings to create little droplets of water. I listened as she talked more, and widened my eyes as she offered me a place in the Falls. "I'd really.... I'd really like that." I reply, my voice quiet and subdued. "I want to protect you... And my sibling. I promise to protect you! He would've wanted that." I sniff, as the tears try to escape once more, and close my eyes again. "Thank you Ranjiri... You will make an amazing mother, you know." Gently, I pull away to look up at the golden woman. Despite the tears in my eyes, you could see it. I admired her. She was brave. Despite tragedy she stayed strong. I wished my mother had been as strong as Ranjiri, but she wasn't. She broke with the sadness. I wouldn't break. I'd be strong for Ranjiri, and my little brother or sister. I could make the difference. I would make the difference. And I would protect those that I held close. Forever, and always.

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes: <3 <3 <3 He pretty much loves her, and wants to protect them very much. He'll go ahead and stay in the falls with her ^^

@Ranjiri
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Messages In This Thread
We wither beneath our burdens - by Kvasir - 10-18-2016, 02:38 PM
RE: We wither beneath our burdens - by Ranjiri - 10-18-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: We wither beneath our burdens - by Kvasir - 10-18-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: We wither beneath our burdens - by Ranjiri - 10-21-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: We wither beneath our burdens - by Kvasir - 11-02-2016, 11:40 PM