the Rift

[OPEN] Deep in the charred earth

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper

Ever since the hatching of the pink eyed pup I seemed to find myself wandering through the caverns more and more. It wasn't that I thought anything spectacular was going to happen in the rabbit tunnels, but more of this was where I had finally found a spark of happiness again with the death of the Wildfire and the shambles that were left of my extensive family. Of course every now and then a moment of extreme claustrophobia would crash like a tidal wave across my pale frame, sending me and the still clumsy Vadar running for the open space and fresh air that could be found around the entrance to the caves. As much as the small canine loved to run and tumble through whatever she could find, she seemed to enjoy perching on my shoulders between my pale feathered wings as I traveled back and forth between her birthplace and the sands of the Throat where our family resided.

A smile flashed across my ink dipped features while electric blue eyes watched the ball of white disappear into the shadows of the cave's mouth, a light giggle slipping forth as I listened to the yelp of surprise when her too-large paws got tangled up with each other and she rolled down the slippery slope. With a gentle sigh and a shake of my head I followed after the pup, careful to watch my step so I wouldn't have the same fate as the albino. Electric eyes looked around for the ghostly pup and a flicker of worry flashed through my shock filled veins when she wasn't to be spotted in the main "room". It was unusual for her to wander off far without me close behind.

Dark ears pinned back, pale wings tucked in close to my frame as I tried my best to focus on our shaky, new bond in order to find where she had gone while I moved slowly through the glowing tunnels. Soon I found myself in the very room in which Athvadar had hatched, the happy yip from the pale pup told me I had been successful in finding her, bright blues met her pink ones just seconds before she took a flying leap across a puddle of water, missing by a long shot. The fall into the water not deterring her from getting up and racing over to where a small grey filly stood staring at a black egg. Wiggling in hopes of getting attention, the ghostly pup attempted to squirm her way into the dual horned filly's line of sight so she could play. Shaking my head I took a step closer to the filly who seemed oddly familiar, I assumed a child of some Throat member but I had been so caught up in family lately that the rest of the herd was the last thing I really worried over.

"My apologizes, Athvadar hasn't learned that the sun doesn't revolve around her just yet. Nice to meet you, I am Zenobia...do you know what is in the egg yet?" At the mention of her name the puppy's whole body wiggled with the force in which she wagged her tail before traipsing back to curl up between my front hooves where she collapsed into a short nap.

"Talk?"
zenobia
another conversation without a destination
ooc note here
@Eleanor
image credits
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
Deep in the charred earth - by Eleanor - 10-18-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: Deep in the charred earth - by Zenobia - 10-18-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: Deep in the charred earth - by Eleanor - 10-26-2016, 11:02 PM