the Rift

[OPEN] Deep in the charred earth

Eleanor Posts: 15
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 6 months
Miranda :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath Tamme

Eleanor

Eleanor spent quite some time gathering warm leaves and placing them around the egg, but the nature of caves was cold and humid. She frowned, wondering where this egg's mother went and why she would just leave it here all alone. Though, it was a black egg... perhaps she just couldn't find it? Was someone mourning for the infant just beneath the hard surface, she wondered? She mourned. Her heart was saddened by the loneliness which lingered around the egg in a quiet, soft fog.

The young girl was deep in her thoughts when a rustling startled her, and her entire spine stiffened. As a defense mechanism, one she had not encountered yet, she felt her soul growing angry. There wasn't really a reason for anger, specifically, but the strong emotion made her feel powerful. In that emotion, the light around her began to dim and falter, making her image start to haze.

Her strange, two toned eyes turned toward a white beast with blue eyes, and her heart calmed when a familiar, four-beated step followed along with a rustle of feathers. Ah, a companion... The light around her faded to normal once more, and she watched the young pup desire to play. As much as Ellie wanted to return this gesture, she could not. Fate did not lead her to this black egg to abandon it in childish whimsy, so she smiled apologetically.

"Perhaps later," she said softly, taking a step closer to the black orb wrapped in dewy leaves.

Ellie then regarded the strange. She was pretty and reminded her of herself a bit. They had the same, pale coat with dark points, but Ellie had hints of pink and one very dark and nearly black eye. Also, instead of wings, she sported two, silver horns which wrapped back like a demon's crown. Despite her rather monstrous appearance, she smiled shyly and nodded, accepting the apology.

"My name is Eleanor, and I don't know what's inside," she said, her soft voice almost like a melodic whisper. But it is alone, and that makes me sad. I want to keep it safe."

As if awakened by the selfless words, the black orb cracked with one loud, resounding noise. Ellie jumped, her ears flying forward, and her heart broke in two. "Oh no no! It's hurt! Oh I hope this isn't my fault..." she wailed, falling to her knees in the soft ground and sniffling, very upset. A few tears fell from her eyes (such were the rapid and extreme emotions of children), and they fell into the crack.

A grumbling hiss followed, and she snapped her eyes open, gasping. Very tiny, black claws carefully pried the crack open, revealing a very beautiful, shiny and black baby dragon inside. The female even had pink eyes! Perhaps this was a sign. With lightning fast speed, the black dragon climbed up her leg and buried itself in her mane, blinking cautiously from the short veil.

Ellie chuckled. "Oh! Oh... okay, little girl. Do I...? Do I have a companion now?"

@Zenobia

Messages In This Thread
Deep in the charred earth - by Eleanor - 10-18-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: Deep in the charred earth - by Zenobia - 10-18-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: Deep in the charred earth - by Eleanor - 10-26-2016, 11:02 PM