the Rift

[OPEN] MOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

[Tae is screaming about her missing tiger's cloak. Anyone can say they heard her screeching about it, since she'll have been quite loud ;)]

The day was coming to a close, and despite the heat from that normally temperate do the nights in the Throat, the Orangemoon chill was undeniable. The wolf-hide cloak that Tae had been given as a child was nearly too small for her now. She was becoming more and more mare and leaving her childish proportions behind. Ampere's gift in that regard had been quite timely. The tiger pelt served not only as a magical cloak that helped disguise her movements, but it also kept her warmer during these frigid months.

Only now as Tae turned to where the cloak had been placed, she noticed it was gone. Immediately her body began to disappear, as her magic took over, informed by her rapidly increasing heart rate. Her ears flattened against her skull as her pale white eyes scoured the sands.  "FIND IT." She snapped at Mal and Hel, who certainly didnt' need to be told twice. The hellhound and wolf leapt into action, sniffing and scampering around. Of course Tae already knew this was fruitless. She was not a careless child, and would have never just left her prized possession somewhere. Similarly, with two pack animals tethered to her brain, she was positive that one of the canines would have alerted her if, for whatever reason, she was at risk of leaving the pelt behind. 

Mal and Hel grumbled uneasily, never liking to fail their alpha. They whined, heads lowered and tails wagging submissively, as they both pulsed mental responses of we didn't find anything.

Well then. There was only one explanation. Someone had stolen it from her.

Of course Tae should have gone to her Sultana, or perhaps even their gladiator. But Sikeax was...where, exactly? Tae had no idea. And she didn't trust Volterra. He had been a boy when she had last met him, and now suddenly he was taking the coveting position of Gladiator, despite the fact that he had never lived upon their sands, had never fought their wars? Hell, he didn't even have wings. All of this, for reasons of political correctness, Tae kept to herself (well, herself and Grusha of course). And so, instead of seeking them out, she of course went to her mother.

"MOTHER." She screamed across the sands, taking flight immediately while Mal and Hel raced beneath her. Tae's pale eyes scoured the area below, until she saw the familiar bluish-black form of her Mother below. Swiftly she angled her body down, descending far too fast but not caring. Her wings were large enough now to handle haphazard landings. "It's GONE." She yelled as her hooves threw waves of sand. Her nostrils were wide, as were her eyes. With her wings still flared from her flanks, Tae spun to look at her Mother, as Mal and Hel finally caught up, their tongues lolling from their mouths as they panted loudly. "Someone stole my pelt." She continued. "And no, I didn't just leave it somewhere. I never do that." Of course, she legitimately might have, but like any child, that was of course the last thing they would admit to. Besides, if someone had stolen it from her, wouldn't her dogs have picked up the scent?

tae
i'm a cold day in august, i'm a stream too shallow
i'm a heart shaped box with no letter inside
Image Credits

@Ampere

Messages In This Thread
MOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!! - by Tae - 10-18-2016, 07:24 PM
RE: MOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!! - by Ampere - 10-21-2016, 10:01 PM