the Rift

[PRIVATE] natural disaster

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Of course, it was never as easy as Mesec hoped -  the whispered voice of Zero dragging Mesec’s gaze to the boy - uncertain if he had even heard it correctly, not until those three words were repeated. “What?” They were exchanging whispers - this single word little more than a breath. Mesec had thought about it - but it took all of two seconds to dismiss the thought permanently. The weakness in him, as much as there was of it, always came second to his desire to save others first. When his mother had given him the key, he had thought of Zero - thought of how much better his friend’s life would be without the memories of that morning in the woods around the Blood Falls.

Of course Mesec wanted to forget, wished that he could, but he wanted his friend to forget more.

The plea in Zero’s desperate voice is heart-wrenching and Mesec did not dare move out of fear that he would come crashing to the ground, that his knees would give way. There was a lot that Mesec would give to him but this… this felt too much. He was already shaking his head, this silver eyes pleading as he tried to explain how impossible it was. “I can’t do that.” Not won’t but quite literally can’t. If he could have, he would not have carried it around this entire time, waiting for the chance to see his friend again. “Zero…” His name was a painful croak in Mesec’s mouth, an affectionate nickname that he felt he no longer had any rights to use.  “I don’t deserve to forget. I should carry the weight of what I did for the rest of my life. I hurt you, worse than I ever want to hurt anyone I love. Forgetting that…” Again he shook his head, torn between wanting to move backward and move forward, but still rooted to the same spot. “I can’t.” It was a strange, twisted sort of penance, perhaps, but one that should be carried out all the same.  

Lucius took off from Mesec’s back, landing between the two stallions but a little closer to Zero, placing the key on the ground and nudging it forward a little bit. He released a small, sad cry - the third part in this sad exchange. Lucius had fought Mesec on that morning, caused harm to his bonded to protect someone that he loved.

forever isn't long enough when I'm with you

art by tierren at deviantart.com
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
natural disaster - by Mesec - 10-18-2016, 08:36 PM
RE: natural disaster - by Zèklè - 11-07-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: natural disaster - by Mesec - 11-08-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: natural disaster - by Zèklè - 11-14-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: natural disaster - by Mesec - 11-20-2016, 05:33 PM
RE: natural disaster - by Sarah - 01-30-2017, 03:54 PM
RE: natural disaster - by Zèklè - 01-30-2017, 10:02 PM