the Rift

gods almighty [open]

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
pulled apart against my will

I had been watching her.

Watching her quite carefully I might add, ever since I heard the rumor that the mare with the glowing horn had become the newest Sultana of the Dragon's Throat upon the death of my father the great Wildfire. So far, I had been less than impressed. The Throat seemed to be crumbling beneath her hooves, which meant that my family was also at risk of crumbling under her rule. Electric blues followed the champagne hued mare as she moved away from the center of the Throat and closer to the border where even the wing-less could escape to the mainland if so needed. Dark tipped ears flicked back and then forth again as I wondered where the mare could be headed in such a hurry, it didn't seem as if she was going out for some kind of leisurely stroll judging by the hastiness of her pace or the expression that crossed her Queenly facade.

Sighing, I looked away from the frazzled Sultana just long enough to tell the albino puppy to stay here and keep an eye on things while I went off to see what it was that this queen had in store for my home. If it had been up to me, the crown would have remained in the family...even the Sun God had to agree that these sands had thrived wonderfully under the Wildfire's careful gaze. Once I was fully content that Athvadar would't try and cross the ocean to follow me over to the mainland I set off, snapping my large white feathered wings outward to carry my petite frame across the lands of Helovia until I was able to locate the Sultana once again.

It didn't take long to find her again, standing in front of the destroyed shrine of our lord, "WHY?!" Her scream moved through the brisk evening air as I drifted down, back into the loving clutches of gravity and the earth as I listened in (no shame) on the musings of our newly crowned Sultana, landing a safe distance behind her, wondering if she was upset enough to not notice my arrival. "Why must you be such an idiot? Why must you pick me? WHY does it have to be me?!" Dark lips curled back into a snarl as the electricity that ran through my veins sparked with my irritation. How dare she talk to a god like that?! Especially the god who had given her all that was good in her life, had given her the land that belonged to my father.

Ears slammed back into wind tangled tresses as I took a long stride closer to the blue marked mare, irritation growing with each passing second until I was no longer shivering with the chill that was in the air but rather with anger. "I was just wondering the same thing." Venom dripped from my words as they fell into the brisk night sky and my ink dipped limbs stopped all forward motion. "You couldn't follow in his footsteps if you even tried."

Suddenly, I realized how hard I was still grieving over the loss of my father, and suddenly I realized who was going to be my coping mechanism. I didn't care if she was our Sultana now, she wasn't worthy, she would fail, and I would be there to watch as every single stone fell from beneath her wingless body.

words

Image Credits @Sikeax | Post Count: 0/3 | Word Count: 581/800 | No attacks from Zeno in this post :3 Sia is free to have the first hit! Athvadar will NOT be participating in this as she is still just a puppy!
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
gods almighty [open] - by Sikeax - 10-18-2016, 10:41 PM
RE: gods almighty [open] - by Zenobia - 10-18-2016, 11:29 PM
RE: gods almighty [open] - by Sikeax - 10-19-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: gods almighty [open] - by Blu - 11-10-2016, 11:29 PM