the Rift

[OPEN] Decisions

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
naerys
There isn't a day that goes by without a certain pirate crossing her mind in some fashion. Although the thoughts aren't always positive ('is he off with some other girl?') but they typically stemmed from some sort of deeper, warmer, good feelings (love?). Either way, his presence is very sorely missed. She finds herself easily distracted, lacking the intense focus of her childhood and the miniscule amount of sleep she'd had before has since dropped off drastically. Every time she closes her eyes, every fucking time, she sees his bright eyes and charming grin. But he isn't always looking at her, sometimes he's looking at someone else and those are the moments that hurt the worst.

No. Not the worst.

The worst part is that none of these feelings make any sense at all.

Naerys holds no claim over the pirate. They've talked a few times and sure, the chemistry between them is unreal, but she's been down this road before (Rowtag, that sexy little thief) and it hasn't ever been this intense before. The desire to steal him and run away to a remote, empty island is unusually strong. Naerys may not know him well but she sure as hell doesn't want to share.

Perhaps the main difference is that now she's two years old. Now, for the purposes of most Helovian activities, she's an adult. Which means that the adult hormones have kicked into overdrive leaving her a an oddly emotional mess (the flirty, sexual urges are completely and utterly relentless). His absence had left her quiet and rather reclusive, avoiding interaction as often as possible except when necessary and then she'd grown sullen.

It is Petyr who spies him first. The vibrant green bird frequently flew ahead, patrolling the Edge like he is one of the warriors. So when his voice breaks the silence across their bond, she nearly jumps in surprise. "He's back." Petyr says. He's back. He. And suddenly her heart begins to flutter rather rapidly. Fluttering from excitement just as much as from anxiety.

But Naerys isn't one to back down or completely avoid her issues (flee from them for a time? sure.) So the brown and white lady mare follows Petyr's trail rather easily - quickly finding Caenan's familiar face. But it isn't his face that holds her attention, at least not for long. Soon her teal eyes drift lower, down over his beautifully muscled physique. Heat rises in her unbidden, flushing her cheeks and halting her in her tracks. Shit shit shit. He really is here. But why did he leave? And he looks better than she ever remembered. And why didn't he take me with him? She inhales slowly, desperate to steady her breath and her heartbeat. I would have gone with him.

I would have gone.

By the time she regains her composure enough to will her hooves to move, he isn't alone anymore. Once more she pauses, feeling her fragile soul being torn between sorrow and jealousy. "Go see him." Petyr murmurs in her mind, overshadowing the turmoil of her own thoughts running rampant. With a trail of purple and white blooms in her wake, she slides expertly through the trees to stand before Caenan. "You're back." she says softly, her sweet voice strained from the conflicting emotions. I missed you. Half of her wants to be angry with him; to yell and scream, to shove him away in both the literal and figurative sense. But the other half wants to fling herself at him and embrace him the way lovers do after long absences. "Where did you go?" And why didn't you take me with you?

I would have gone...
If you'd only asked.

musonart!

@Caenan @Anzanie
Sorry she didn't really acknowledge Anz. Girl's got a one track mind apparently. D: Also, Caenan does wonderful things for my Nae muse - she could have gone on for days.

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
Decisions - by Caenan - 10-19-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: Decisions - by Anzanie - 10-19-2016, 03:41 PM
RE: Decisions - by Naerys - 10-24-2016, 01:15 AM