the Rift

☠ when i'm walking a dark road

Cathleen Posts: 3
Unclaimed
Mare :: Equine :: 15hh :: 5
kite
forgive the half-finished manip i'm working on it /cry
I JUST WANT TO RP

Dawn bloomed on the horizon like the smeared rouge on a harlot’s lips – swollen with kisses, the sanguine borders bruising the flesh, painted untidily by lust. The tenebrous wisps of nightfall that still doggedly adhered to the topography unified with the shadows, crooked caricatures of trees spangling the anhydrous grasses, fabricating ghosts out of the languid sway of groaning timber and hirsute pine. Upon the tips of arid vegetation, the vestiges of the moon’s gelid breath hugged the porous leaves, nurturing a cloak of reflective crystals which greedily snatched at the ascension of daybreak and pitched pillars of illumination in a vivid patchwork of kaleidoscopic webbing. The cockscomb of frost on the apices of each spindly thread of verdure echoed with a decisively cacophonous crunch under each reticent footfall – though the weather-beaten and discolored satchel of cloth which she towed along by the possessive clench of her teeth practically sung out in a chorus of strident suspicion. It left a rather comical imprint behind, however; depressions of dainty hooves, demurely placed, with a rotund, nearly body-shaped drag mark sidewinding betwixt them. It may leave one to ponder – what is this creature?!

Clouds began to collect upon the horizon – a shoreline of springtime hues darkening with a pregnant sluggishness, as though the nebular deities were purposefully painting an impression of foreboding. A brutish wind brazenly licked across the supple plains of her features, vaporous fingernails tangling in the unfastened whorls of her pearlescent mane – tendrils whipping across her pallid gaze – and the variegated pigments of an elongated tail, wrapped fitly in ribbon. Moisture pervaded her nostrils, the crispness of the breeze burning the vacuous, salved pockets of her lungs, persuading her to evadingly tuck her chin into the flexure of an oscine neck. The sharp motion – coupled with the startling chill – reflexively made her gasp, her teeth unhinging from the disentangling fabric of her makeshift rucksack (and as though the wind were sentient) it opportunistically plunged into the fresh aperture, ripping the bag open and spilling out its contents onto the ground. A collage of the deceased scattered across the greensward, and she snapped her incisors together with dismay, her façade of stoicism momentarily dismantled with furrowed brows and a worried frown.

Papa!

His skinned skull lay on its side, jaw slacked with disappointment. “Oh, this will not do,” she murmured, starting to hurriedly seek and collect every precious piece of her beloved cadavers. It was clear a storm was approaching – how would her father feel if he were caught in the rain!

table © kite

Messages In This Thread
☠ when i'm walking a dark road - by Cathleen - 10-19-2016, 10:04 PM
RE: ☠ when i'm walking a dark road - by Sacre - 10-21-2016, 03:21 AM
RE: ☠ when i'm walking a dark road - by Sacre - 10-24-2016, 08:48 AM
RE: ☠ when i'm walking a dark road - by Sacre - 10-27-2016, 06:11 PM