the Rift

We are g o l d e n [open]

Aurelius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Looking into Mauja’s eyes, Aurelius felt his sixth sense kicking. He would have to deal his cards carefully in this situation, it seemed. The short stag listened in silence while the two took turns in speaking, using the opportunity to make a more thorough assessment of both of them. Solstice was sincere, she spoke of her home with love; it was a talk of tolerance and diversity. Aurelius could see himself there; his own mother had been an equine and the only creature that had ever loved him. Maybe in time they would learn to look past even his slight size and respect him for who he was. The idea was appealing; his sentimental streak was proving itself a constant danger. The fae seemed wary of the pale steed – perhaps she had her reasons, Aurelius couldn’t know. Mauja’s words were fewer, his stance relaxed. There was a certain air of authority on him, which was hard to deny. Aury wasn’t sure how he would react, should he choose to turn him down; he could possibly piss off a whole lot of people. He had, after all, been approached by a king, which certainly wasn’t an everyday occurrence. Still, the little man felt no intimidation. He could look that white beast in the eyes without trembling.

Aurelius realized that as the others had finished their speeches, it was very much up to him to seal the deal. His gut would be put to a test now, as he had little else to rely on. Words were only words, often leagues from reality, as his personal experience had taught him. If he played everything right, he could have influence beyond his wildest imagination. Clearing his throat, he smiled pleasantly as he addressed the golden femme in a light tone. "M’lady Solstice, your description of the Foothills has been enjoyable. You must understand that I have many things to take into account," he paused, glancing at Mauja’s with a promise in those odd eyes of his. "I would much enjoy visiting you at another time. For now, I will have to turn down the offer in favor of The Edge. I hope you will understand and that we can part at pleasant terms," he said in his sleek voice. Oh what a born diplomat. Turning to his new king, he nodded respectfully. "That is, if you would still have me, m’lord?" He had no desire to stay in these godforsaken woods for another moment and hoped to have a swift departure. Travel had worn him down to the bone; he would surely stumble upon his new herdmates along the way.

[OOC: OMG it sucked, sorry - I have no idea what happened :x]

Messages In This Thread
We are g o l d e n [open] - by Aurelius - 06-18-2012, 04:56 PM
RE: We are g o l d e n [open] - by Solstice - 06-18-2012, 09:30 PM
RE: We are g o l d e n [open] - by Aurelius - 06-19-2012, 11:33 AM
RE: We are g o l d e n [open] - by Mauja - 06-19-2012, 12:35 PM
RE: We are g o l d e n [open] - by Solstice - 06-19-2012, 02:46 PM
RE: We are g o l d e n [open] - by Aurelius - 06-19-2012, 03:49 PM
RE: We are g o l d e n [open] - by Mauja - 06-20-2012, 04:51 AM
RE: We are g o l d e n [open] - by Solstice - 06-21-2012, 11:54 PM
RE: We are g o l d e n [open] - by Aurelius - 06-24-2012, 04:43 PM
RE: We are g o l d e n [open] - by Mauja - 06-28-2012, 11:13 AM